Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any bait shop owners on here? i am thinking of opening my own here in oklahoma, and i need to pick ur brain if thats ok. i am needing info on where to get a air pump for bait tanks,bulk tackle dealer,

·
Registered
365 Posts
We owned our own shop since i was a little kid and we just recently shut down last october. If you have any questions feel free to pm me and i will help with what i can!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
HI JEREMY
I OWNED A BAIT STORE IN COPAN OKLA. AND TOOK CARE OF COPAN LAKE AND HULAH LAKE. IT WAS A GREAT BUSINESS AND I ENJOYED IT. OPEN AT 5 AM CLOSED ABOUT 8 PM WAS OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK, ONLY CLOSED ON CHRISTMAS AND 1/2 DAY FOR THANKSGIVING AND NO TIME FOR MY SELF AND FAMILY. DONE THIS FOR 5 YEARS. MADE GOOD MONEY AND NO TIME SPEND IT. MY SECRET WAS I GAVE A GOOD DIP OF LIVE BAIT (THEY ASK FOR 2 DOZEN I GAVE THEN 3 DOZENS ). I WOULD TRADE BAIT FOR LEAD AND POURED ABOUT 12 THOUSAND CRAPIE JIGS OF DIFFERENT SIZES 1/32 TO 1/8 OZ AND 3-4 HUNDRED LB OF DIFFERENT SIZE SINKERS. NEVER KNOW WHEN SOMEONE WILL COME BY AND NEED BAIT AND TACKLE. TRYED HIREING HELP BUT GOOD HELP WAS HARD TO COME BY AND WOULD GIVE THEIR FRIEND FREE TACKLE AND BAIT.TRYED TO SELL BUT KNOW ONE WANTED TO WORK THESE HOURS. PUT THE PLACE UP FOR SALE BUILDIJNG AND LAND WOULD GIVE THEM THE INVENTROY NO TAKERS. DON'T REMEMBER THE DATE EARLY 90 HAD A TORANDO COME THRU AND LEFT ME WITH A SLICK SLAB. HAD FULL REPLACEMENT INSURANCE SO I TOOK THE MONEY AND RAN. YES I WAS OPEN IN THE WINTER THIS IS WHEN I WOULD POUR JIG AND LEAD WEIGTH. SOME DAYS I WOULD MAKE A GRAND AND OTHER DAYS MAYBE $20.00 FOR THE DAY.

FOR A STAR CONTACT NABTACK IN CLARMORE, THAT IS WHERE I BOUGHT MY TACKLE.

GOOD LUCK

RON BRESHEARS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.