bait shop owners

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catfishcrazyjr, Mar 19, 2008.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    are there any bait shop owners on here? i am thinking of opening my own here in oklahoma, and i need to pick ur brain if thats ok. i am needing info on where to get a air pump for bait tanks,bulk tackle dealer,

2. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We owned our own shop since i was a little kid and we just recently shut down last october. If you have any questions feel free to pm me and i will help with what i can!!!

3. sarg

sarg New Member

State:
    Texas
    HI JEREMY
    I OWNED A BAIT STORE IN COPAN OKLA. AND TOOK CARE OF COPAN LAKE AND HULAH LAKE. IT WAS A GREAT BUSINESS AND I ENJOYED IT. OPEN AT 5 AM CLOSED ABOUT 8 PM WAS OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK, ONLY CLOSED ON CHRISTMAS AND 1/2 DAY FOR THANKSGIVING AND NO TIME FOR MY SELF AND FAMILY. DONE THIS FOR 5 YEARS. MADE GOOD MONEY AND NO TIME SPEND IT. MY SECRET WAS I GAVE A GOOD DIP OF LIVE BAIT (THEY ASK FOR 2 DOZEN I GAVE THEN 3 DOZENS ). I WOULD TRADE BAIT FOR LEAD AND POURED ABOUT 12 THOUSAND CRAPIE JIGS OF DIFFERENT SIZES 1/32 TO 1/8 OZ AND 3-4 HUNDRED LB OF DIFFERENT SIZE SINKERS. NEVER KNOW WHEN SOMEONE WILL COME BY AND NEED BAIT AND TACKLE. TRYED HIREING HELP BUT GOOD HELP WAS HARD TO COME BY AND WOULD GIVE THEIR FRIEND FREE TACKLE AND BAIT.TRYED TO SELL BUT KNOW ONE WANTED TO WORK THESE HOURS. PUT THE PLACE UP FOR SALE BUILDIJNG AND LAND WOULD GIVE THEM THE INVENTROY NO TAKERS. DON'T REMEMBER THE DATE EARLY 90 HAD A TORANDO COME THRU AND LEFT ME WITH A SLICK SLAB. HAD FULL REPLACEMENT INSURANCE SO I TOOK THE MONEY AND RAN. YES I WAS OPEN IN THE WINTER THIS IS WHEN I WOULD POUR JIG AND LEAD WEIGTH. SOME DAYS I WOULD MAKE A GRAND AND OTHER DAYS MAYBE $20.00 FOR THE DAY.

FOR A STAR CONTACT NABTACK IN CLARMORE, THAT IS WHERE I BOUGHT MY TACKLE.

GOOD LUCK

RON BRESHEARS

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I too will be opening a shop in the future and would be interested in any information. This will be my retirement job after the army.

5. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    man, i need to find a good deal on a aerator!

6. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They have some great stuff in case you havent heard of them. I have bought several aerators from them and I like their stuff. Good luck to ya.
    Ben