Bait search....

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Rollinunknown, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gonna get up here in a few hrs and head out with the throw net and ice cooler.

Anyone around me had any luck? Shad,Jakc,Herring ect...

I'm by Columbia Bottoms Alton IL ect... Need some FRESH stuff since i plan on making a day&night out of tomorrow.

2. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't discount the asians. A lot of good fish have been caught this year on cut asians...AND they are pretty easy to come by. Most times they jump right into your boat!:eek:oooh:

3. skinner

skinner New Member

State:
    missouri
    If you go to the barrels by granite city you should be able to get shad. But if your gunna go there get there before dark cops have been chaseing people of after dark.couple weeks ago we got some shad about 6 inches long there. As far as fishing have got to many big 1s out around that area this year.

4. jbeshears

jbeshears New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's a little bit of a drive, but I caught hundreds of shad on Thomas Hill lake last weekend.

5. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri
    i got plenty of baby big heads now and herring lol... way to go old alton dam..:wink:

6. Toby Tyler

Toby Tyler New Member

State:
    St Louis Mo.
    Glad to see you got your bait problem solved. Was hoping to get my axle and rim fixed the past few weeks but unable to at this time:sad2: So i been fishing off the bank at the alton dam and well snag city. If you haave any room I sure would injoy getting out on the river. overnight or what ever.

7. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri

sorry just seen the post ... Im waiting on my race car selling then itds fair game the wife is letting me spend the whole amount on a boat.. maybe a nice sea ark ... 19ft pontoon...

Im gonna have decent Catfishin get together.