bait question

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Jb1z, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Jb1z

Jb1z New Member

State:
    Texas
    I plan on going to catch some carp for bait , could I just freeze them for a while or would need to do something else to them ?

I plan on needing in about a week and a half or so.

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah if its gonna be that long.. freeze them. 1-2 days you wouldnt have to.. if you could deal with the reek smell.:wink:

3. Jb1z

Jb1z New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm gonna wrap em up and put em in the fridge in the garage so no problems with smell.

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have a fridge in the garage just for bait . Carp meat is pretty tuff . There should be no problem freezing it . I have a freezer full of gills and shad for bait . I usually put about 7 or 8 to a gallon zip lock bag . If I dont use al the bait I unthaw I never refreeze it . Its my experience that refreezing after frozen once really weakens the structurwe of the meat making it easier for fish to get off the hook . You can also try freezing it with water in the bag and dump in some garlic salt or powder .

5. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I keep gills and shad frozen in bags for later use. I too never refreeze my bait. If I were to use carp I think I would cut them into bait before I freeze

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    To freeze them is an option. I prefer to use only fresh caught baits but thats just a matter of choice.

7. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i have three big freezer bags full of gills -:wink::wink: those are my bad up bait when bait is hard to catch