Bait project.

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by vacatfish, Jun 16, 2006.

1. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Any willing to put one together and do the testing of it. I already have the idea for the base mix.

It will be a cheap simple easy to make bait. just want someone who would like to add there own touch to it also.

All i ask is do not post how it's made or whats init. untill it is done being made and has been tested.

Please PM me if you have interest and so i can let you know the base mix to start with.

Thanks to any who are willing.

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I am curious about this, are you making a "stink-bait" or a punch type bait, and what species are you targeting with it?

Aaron

TA2D

3. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Glad to see you have interest in making bait. when it's done i will most likely target channels withit.

Just waiting to hear back from the one whos going to put it together and test it. if all gos well i will make it and see how well it does in my area.

But the person is going to be busy the next few days. so may be alittle.

I will say i think the bait would be best used with looper rigs.

Thanks again for having interest.

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Would any stinkbait rig work, I may be interested...

Aaron

TA2D

5. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Well i been trying the base mix idea i had not anyone as i know has used it before. i have fond it very hard to work with and still keep it as thick as i would like to without using flour.

So i think im going to throw my idea for the base mix out the window. i am up for base mix ideas that will hold thick.

6. taterpicker

taterpicker New Member

State:
    Batesville Arkansas
    Just a thought:
    If your looking for something to make it thick and hold togeather try some
    cat-tails. Don't know the proper name for them. They grow in wet areas
    here in Arkansas. Get the cigar shaped tops and fuzz them out and mix the fuzz with your base product. It wont effect your bait taste and it will sure hold togeather. I use it with cheese. Just warm up the cheese and stir in the fuzz if an let it cool. Pinch off a chunk and mash it on the hook. It works. (taterpicker)

7. rat fink

rat fink New Member

State:
    illinois
    you can try dried blood as a thinker add it to the mix cold and stur the let it sit fo 45min to an hour then stur ageanand heat it should thinken it up a bit i use it for chunk bait and its fermer with the blood than without and thay are cattales i have them around my uncls pond i might try your idea

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

when my store bought dip bait gets to runny I add cottonballs no cattails near me just unroll them and pull them apart and add to your mix. best part it not expensive

9. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    I do like the ideas that have been posted thank you all for posting.