Bait Presentation

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Phil Washburn, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    when fishing stink/dough/punch baits, what works best for you?

slip rigs? floats? bottom fishing?
    i would like to improve my fish take, and i am sure some of you can help with that by giving me presentation tips...thanks!

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Wish i could help ya Phil! But, i have no luck on stink baits! may not be holding my mouth right or something, but i will be reading up on this post too. Maybe it will tell me what i do wrong!

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I have done the best with dk's rigged carolina style using a 14 to 20 inch leader and a cigar float pegged 4 or 5 inches from a 2/0 trebble hook. Also slip corks rigged to fish 1 to 3 foot deep around laydowns, standing timber and weeds work well in shallow water.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Hopefully, the King of Stinkmen, STUMPY, will be on the thread soon and let you know. He was doing pretty good at Keystone before the storm removed a large part of his roof. He will be through with the claims adjuster and back on line soon. I guess Looper may want to share that title also. LOL

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    All three works, if they is biteing.

6. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ive had really good luck fishing Sonnys on the bottom. I use a 12" leader so the bait will float up. Ive caught alot of eaters with this method but nothing heavier than 6lbs. Hope this helps, good luck to ya'!!

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I use it under a bobber in ponds or fishing close to banks or log piles in Lakes.

If im just throwing out from the bank, Carolina rig

If you using Sonny's, add a bit of veggy Oil to it, just enough to make it slurpy, just a tad runnier than smooth Peanut Butter

8. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    I always fish with stinkbait on the bottom leader length varies depending on how much current there is. I've caught them up to 16# this way. I always use Sonny's if I can find it, sometimes it can be hard to find.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Always bottem for me Phil. If fishing calm water I fish it without sinker also.

10. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Lawrence I'm not sure what you are inferring here? Is it that you think we stink? :embarassed: If so I don't think I would want the title.:lol:
    Phil So far all of the style of fishing dip or stink baits work at different times you just have to take into account where your fishing as to how you want to present it. Look over whats been posted and choose the ones that pertain to where your fishing. One thing that I will say is getting the bait off the bottom seems to increase the chance of larger fish.
    Loop

11. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What a good question......I am very interested in watching how this tread turns my fishing over......Thanks to all for the help here...You guy's are awesome sharing your tips and tactics...
    Paul,Sally,and Kids​