Bait on Pee Dee River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by captmarty, Jun 6, 2008.

1. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    WHERE CAN I FIND LIVE SHAD, HERRING, OR SHINERS FOR SALE TO USE AS BAIT! I DON'T REALLY HAVE THE TIME TO GO NETTING!

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nobody 0around here seels them except for the small shinners for crappie fishing. Catch plenty of bream in the river though.

3. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    WELL THAT JUST SUCKS! I KNOW THAT I CAN GET MY EEL FROM YOU BUT I WANTED TO GET SOME SHAD AND HERRING! I GUESS I WILL CATCH PLENTY OF BREAM! I LOOKED AT THOSE BUBBLE MACHINES ONLINE AND I WILL PROBABLY ORDER MINE TODAY AND THEN START WORKING ON MY BAIT TANK!

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I reckon the shad and herring would work but they usually switch over to feeding on bream pretty heavy once the water temp gets over 80deg.

5. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    WELL TRUE-AS HOT AS IT HAS BEEN LATELT, IT WON'T TAKE LONNG FOR THE TEMP. TO CHANGE THE WATER! DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT YOU WORK ON PAERMILL ROAD????

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yes on the paper mill road at the paper mill. The water temp yesterday afternoon was 84 deg and climbing with these blazing temps.

7. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    OH OK-I SHIP STUFF OUT THERE ALL THE TIME TO SOUTHERN LIFT TRUCK! I NOW IT IS HOT AND THE TEMP. IS RISING!! I AM GOING TO TRY AND GO WITH BILL NEXT WEEK SO HE CAN HELP ME OUT WITH SOME OF MY PROBLEMS! IT JUST GETS AGGRAVATING NOT BEING ABLE TO CATCH FISH!!:angry: