Bait made by powerbait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by tomcat85, Jul 14, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    hey guys i just had a question i picked up some powerbait catfish bait today. i was wondering how it worked and what not. thanks!

2. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    I've never had much luck with the stuff,but I'm a firm believer in Danny Kings punch bait

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I've tried the liver and blood, without much luck. I prefer a good dip bait like Sonny's or Rusty's.

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    never used dipbait much where can you get it and whats it look like? thanks.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Dipbait is also known as stinkbait. Yuo can get it jsut about anywhere that sells fishing stuff.

6. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    awesome. what if i made this powerbait stuff more stinky maybe it would work a little better?

7. Mudville

Mudville New Member

well i've used the power bait and out of the 4 times i only gotten one bite.

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have tried the liver with little success. It caught little cat's in a pond but zeroed out on the lake. I do like the maggots for bream though and have had good luck with all of the saltwater baits that I have tried.

9. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ive been using Hog Wild Original. What is odd to me is that if Im there fishing right as it gets dark, I get lots of bites. But if I get a late start, say around 10 PM, they don't touch the stuff.

10. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Danny kings puch bait works good.

11. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I like sonny's, rusty's, and hog wild, all good baits.

12. LittleRiverBigFish

LittleRiverBigFish New Member

State:
    Iowa
    While I'm a firm believer and user of the rest of the Powerbait products, I've had zero luck with the catfish bait. Not even a nibble. I think the one I tried was the blood formula. Sonny's has always been our go to stink bait for eating size cats.

13. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Well I've Said It Before And I'll Say It Again, "It's Not Worth The Label They Put On The Container".

Stick With A Quality Bait Like Benny Robert's, My Favorite, Or DK's. Use The Looper's Rigs And You WILL Catch Fish. Elliot

14. Snappy

Snappy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have caught one channel using the blood powerbait. Tried it on trotlines as well with no luck. Bait is always gone but no fish. The bream may enjoy it I don't know.

15. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    WOW, I thought it was just me that couldn't get a bite with the Powerbait-Catfish formula!

I believe the package that I have says something about having 400X the smell over natural bait. I guess my fish can't smell! LOL

I guess the only good thing I can say about it is that it's easy to hook and will stay on forever!
    _

16. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Get yourself a 3lb. coffee can with the plastic lid, go to your local grocery store and buy some Limberger Cheese (blue cheese), mix the cheese and the bait together with a little milk. Take it easy when stirring mixture...it smells pretty bad
    but I guarentee the catfish will bite it. If you get it too soupy, add just a little flour, same for when the mix gets hot while fishing.
    Don

17. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    I always praised all of the powerbaits I'd ever tried, until I used this stuff. It was worthless. If memory serves me correctly I caught 3 fish on it using it one summer. BeeJay kicked it's butt that year. Get yourself some good punch bait(Sure Shot or DK) and some great dip bait(Wicked Sticky or Jo Jo's Pole Snatcher) and you'll catch all the catfish you can handle, if you're in an area holding fish. God bless.