Bait info around Evansville, Indiana?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Jeremy Leach, May 15, 2006.

1. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    I was hoping I could get some info on where to find some bait around the Evansville Area? I plan on launching from Angle Mounds. I'm coming down for 3 days so I can't really bring my bait with me. I'm looking for shad and or Skipjack. Thanks in advance for the info guys. You can PM me if you want.

2. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Jeremy, there is no bait in Evansville or big fish. The blues top out at around 30lbs and the flatheads around the same.LOL. You may want to bring some chicken liver, bacon, groundhog liver and nightcrawlers and try for channels or maybe a flathead, you know how much they love the livers.LOL

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Slim your back man where have you been hiding

4. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Brad, I have been working to much and not getting to fish enough. But I have been tournament fishing and we are in 3rd place so far. Ole jeremy here is right behind us in 4th. Gotta keep him honest you know.LOL. I really like the tourney fishing. Hows the flathead fishing out in kansas. have the big ones turned on yet? the biggest I have caught so far this year is 21lbs.

5. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    Hey buddy I guess I'll just have to bring some good oh dough balls, and the trebble hooks and stick baits. LOL We'll see you here in a few weeks I recond. We fish Saturday and had the worse luck ever. Had 2 nice fish Yellows hooked up at Tanners and both of them got off. Had one break the leader line and the other one spit the hook out at the boat. The one the spit the hook was around 30lb and I don't really know about the other one except it put a more fight up then the 30 did. I had a newby in the boat and missed the dip 3 times. Oh well gotta love it man.

6. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey jeremy i live close to madison and i have a cousin that lives there. you ever fish the Madison Proving Grounds??

7. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    Sorry buddy but never fished the proving grounds before. I have hunted in there several times though. Mainly all the fishing I do is on the river and that's about it. I will go pan fishing every once in a while but that's usually for bait though.