Bait for Tournament ?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by RAPTOR, Mar 27, 2008.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR New Member

State:
    IOWA
    In case bait is hard to get due to the river conditions does anyone have any recommendations for bait shops in the area ? Does anyone in the area sell Shad,Skipjack,etc ...Thanks:big_smile:

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    There aren't really any "bait shops" in the area any more. The closest thing we have to it, are places that sell cartons of worms.:embarassed: How many skipjacks are you needing. I got a whole freezer full, so we might be able to work something out. I'm gonna try to fish this weekend, so I'll post and let you know how the bait situation is.:wink:

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Lynn, I'm sure well have a brother or two that wouldnt mind selling you guys some skipjacks. As for bait, it's pretty easy this time of year to come buy. There are several feeder creeks on this stretch of river, and if you marginally handy with a 4 foot Walmart throw net you wont have any problems stocking up on the bait. The Shad are usually pretty thick this time of the year. I'll be at the ramp and on the river pretty much the entire latter half of the week, and I'll be more than happy to pass on any bait tips as I find where they are at. I wouldnt be too concerned with bait. Between the shad, the asians, and a couple packs of skips well get you covered. :wink:

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I will have no access to a freezer for the two days prior to the tourney. Think them frozen skippies will be good enough in a cooler on ice until tourney time?

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sounds like you have no choice there Skippy, LOL!!!!

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Well, unless one of them there 'local' boys wants to stock me up tourney day with some nice FROZEN skippies, for a repayment of same next Tuesday!:smile2:

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

Consider it done. Well take care of ya skipper

8. RAPTOR

RAPTOR New Member

State:
    IOWA
    :wink:Skippy,Throw a chunk of dry ice in there! Iwould think that would keep them frozen for a couple of days...good luck w/ the fish...and also in the tournament...

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Lynn, I'm gonna have to eat a little crow. I'm hearing a few reports of the shad not being schooled up yet and a little scattered, so bait is proving to be a little stubborn. I'll be out several times this week, so If I can find some shad, I'll certainly post up where I'm finding them at.

10. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    ill be down there tuesday throwing the net if i find some cuz will let ya know just cant wait to get the new net wet

later
    slider

11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Slider, I hope ya throw some back if you do find em - you're a bait vacuum the way you throw those things:smile2: