BAIT FOR THE KANSAS GATHERING

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by gdlocal10, May 27, 2009.

1. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Just wanted to let everyone know that Teri and I would be bring bait if you are interested please let us know, we will have Bluegill @4.00 a dozen, worms@1.50 a dozen, and crawdads @3.00 a dozen . We need to know ahead of time , so please place your order .We found a bait store that we feel sells bait at a good price and we would help them out while helping the BOC members out for the Gathering.These are good people and this is a way for the kids to make money,and help the family out too. :big_smile:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I caught over 100 perch yesterday.
    Cost? 2 fake mealworms at about a penny apiece.:smile2:
    No offense but I dont think that will fly. Im sure most can catch their own bait and those who cant will get hooked up with some for free.
    Its a gathering and thats how we roll.:cool2::smile2:

3. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I hear you, We just found this bait store, and compaired to other prices those arent bad, so we thought if someone wanted to buy bait this would help them out, usually catch our bait too. but once in a while we ll buy a bucket or two, and we just wanted to let others in on the price.were not selling bait for us

4. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    We stopped in Sunday to get the skinny on the fish bite from the local bait store, and found the Dad on dissabillity,and the kids were catching bait and growing worms trying to make ends meet, And it seemed like they were trying hard, so we told them we would try to help them out with the gathering comming up. Because Kansas dept of wild life wont let them put flyers around and they cant afoard to advertise much, so thats why Im trying to help them. igave them my word, I would tell some people. Thats why I posted this thread. Thas how I roll , just rying to help out some good people. Im not trying to offend anyone either

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Those are good prices. The bluegill and crawdads might be a tough sell at the gathering, just because it's on a lake full of perch and crawdads. But the worms, I bet the bait shops down there ask $3 a dozen.

I gotta admit when I read the first post I kind of wondered, but hearing the rest of the story it sounds great to me. I'd take 2 dozen nightcrawlers.

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Gary what bait store is it? Im sure we'll have bait for the gathering, but Ill stop through there sometime and give them some business.:big_smile:

7. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    You shoulda said that.:smile2:
    Those prices are good comapared to around here.
    Give the name of the bait shop so we will know.:wink:

8. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Gary what bait shop is that? Ill start going there.

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I have a soft spot for people in need.
    I will take 2dz gills and 2dz worms and 2 dz crawfish.

Kids will need some worms for the perch catching contest and plus if the gills are big, i might enter one for biggest fish:smile2::smile2:

Thanks Gary

10. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Ill put you down for 2 dozen night crwalers thank you, they will appreciate it, I told them about the BOC and how good the people are, and told them to go look at the site, they dont have a computer right now, but Ill gaurantee, those boys are fishermen. they fish on the river below the Melvern lake and they said its hard to get access on the private property but they will make great fisherman some day. THANK YOU

11. KSCats

KSCats New Member

State:
    Neosho Rapids, Kansas
    I'll take 2 dozen nightcrawlers too please.

12. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    I'll take 2 dozen nightcrawlers also if you don't mind.

13. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Thanks to all the BOC Brothers and Sisters for your support for the Cox family at the Marais des Cynges Nightcrawlers ,Im going to see if Travis will come over and meet the great people of the BOC, He is deffinately a Catfisherman, and maybe some day hhe ll join the Brotherhood. THANKS TO YOU ALL :smile2:

14. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Looks like we need to find these guys a net crawler computer that someone
    is kicking to the curb. I've got a couple of junkers myself, but the wife has
    cabbaged onto the one I could spare. When she wants on the web, it has
    to be right now. No time even for me to finish with my email.

15. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Please add 2 dozen nightcrawlers for me too:smile2: Thanks Gary

16. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Shelby suggested I put the name of the bait shop on this thread, so I think this is a good Idea. the name is Marais des Cygnes Nightcrawlers, their slogan is ( affordable bait for average people) they are at 218 NE Emporia stP.O. Box 16 Melvern Ks.66510 phone number 785 549 3222Travis or Jenny :wink:

17. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I wanted to give a SPECIAL THANKS to BEDBUGjr, for donating a 4 hp mercury engine to the cox family, now they can fish with more than a 12 volt trolling motor, we found a matching 3 gallon fuel tank Sunday for 5. 00, just happened to be sitting on the curb. I believe this was ment to be, thanks to bedbugjr and all the BOC members, for assisting God in Blessing these people.
    Its good to know there are Caring people in the world and we have met a whole gruop of them here on the BROTHERHOOD OF CATFISHING WEB SITE.

God Bless you all Gary and Teri

18. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i'll be stoppin in for a few things when i get down there. thanks for the addy. now i can put it in my gps, a gps that dont take me the round about way, :wink::smile2:

19. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Hey hey hey !!! That damn gps gets on my nerves sometimes. Itll give me the shortest rout, which confuses the hell out of me sometimes. Usually I just pull up the map screen and choose my own rout, but that day, I was just lettin the lady's voice on there tell me where to go. :smile2:

20. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Hey About The Cox Family needed a computer, Wished i knew before i moved up to Gladstone i left a P4 At the old house when i moved out really dont know why i did that dumb on my part, but If anyone has a spare motherboard and a Case i have Pleanty of Power Supplys, Cables, And heatsinks.I Might have a p4 chipset too not 100% on that have a Tote full of computer stuff Also Some HardWare Ethernet Cards Wireless Cards And a Rage Video Card. So If Someone Wants to build them one and needs parts send me a msg.