Bait fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishking35, Aug 30, 2007.

1. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    ok usally where i go bait fishing nothing has been bitting so im wonder if anyone could tell me a decent spot in the cincinnati area

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    It might help us to know what kind of bait you are looking for.

3. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Brother The fish are there you just gotta look in different places now with the ungodly hot weather where having, Try fishing drop offs for your bait, It's been working for me the last three weeks. What I'm seeing is the fish are are suspending in about 6 ft of water. Before you try other lakes just try something a little different and get back with me and tell me what happens.

4. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    go across the river to the covington side by the licking river at sunrise or sunset with a sabiki rig if you want some skipjacks you will get 3 or 4 every cast by mike finks is a good spot as well just make sure you are there on time they only bite for about 30 minutes then its over if you are looking for other bait let me know i live right there in them condos by the licking and ohio and know alot of bait spots ill even meet you down if you need me to.just pm me and we can set a time up.

5. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    oh and welcome to the boc.

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have been doing my best in creeks lately. i just try to walk a big stretch of the creek and find some deep spots.

7. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    i normall walk the creeks/small rivers and look for holes, with it so hot tho, it's tough,

8. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks guys im looking for moslty blue gill and skip jack