Bait Cutting Board II

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by BailBonds, Feb 21, 2008.

1. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I got lucky and found a used factory Cabela's board on e-Bay for $20 with shipping although metalman's board looks better built than this store bought unit. I fished rough waters so my mods may not apply. I added a bolt and spools of leader material and cut a small notch with a single edge razor blade underneath to slide a line in to cut. I also added a large open notch on the edge to lean a pole in for when I'm rigging it. I also added the lure/leader holders on both sides. When I'm fishing with a group of kids anything I can do to make it easier I'll take. Mounts on the center of the bow in a drop in Scotty type holder. I also have a 4' line attached to a cheap filet knife since I've donated enough to the fishing gods.

Attached Files:

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Congrats on the nice bait board and the deal off Ebay. I have been watching Ebay for weeks now and I haven't been able to find what I want.
    You got a good deal.
    Thanks for sharing the pics and info. Nice mods to the board.:big_smile:
    David

3. bc179whitetail

bc179whitetail New Member

State:
    St.Louis Missouri
    Rick

The board looks good. I will be looking for one just as soon as my boat gets in. Thanks for the pic.

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Rick,
    That is quite the multi-tool of bait boards. Nice job...W

5. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I had a Lake Michigan boat until last year when both my sons finally figured out girls were a lot more fun than a 2 hour drive to fish. It's a different deal fishing 5' to 7' seas with 6 to 9 lines out trolling. You have to be organized or with one turn you'll have football sized tangles. So I'm adapting some of my gear to reservoir fishing on a pontoon. Can't wait for the weather to break. Located in Zionsville if you ever get the urge to wet a line on Eagle Creek this summer let me know.