Bait Clickers

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by thud, Oct 25, 2006.

1. thud

thud New Member

State:
    Sacramento, California
    Is there a list of reels that have bait clickers?

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Most good conventional reels do have em. My suggestion would be to find the reel ya want and do the research on it.

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    All of my saltwater reels hav'em, wish my freshwater ones did too:confused2:

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Just do a search on the internet for them, its just to many reels to list.

5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    With Abu products, it can get weird. My 5600c4 has one, but most 5600's i see in the stores now do not. Believe most 6000 series and above have them.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    gazooks, my Abu 6000 has clicker on it.

7. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Yea, 6000 and above all seem to have them.

8. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Gadzooks, I've got a couple of 5600C4 LE's that have clickers, too. They are great little reels, but hard to find!

9. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Abu built the 5600 c4's last year, but not all of them. Got mine for $54 at Academy. The model now being sold has the carbon matrix drag, but no clicker.

10. thud

thud New Member

State:
    Sacramento, California
    Anyone have a Abu 6500 C3?

11. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    thats one of the most used reel for catfish Id bet. as far as clickers go any reel you look at will say either clicker, line out alarm, bait alarm..and so on , if it dosent say anything like that then it dosent have one

12. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Bought a 6500C3 a couple of weeks ago, great reel. The clicker is LOUD. Put it on an Ugly Stick 1120 big water casting rod. Tough rod, and it fits in the rod holders on my kayak. The Tiger, my first choice, wouldn't. But, I like the rod better, I think, not as tiresome to cast.

13. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bryan, I have 6500c3 and c4 what do you want to know?

14. thud

thud New Member

State:
    Sacramento, California
    I found out all the technical stuff on the reel, but I'd like to know if you were chosing a reel would you buy the C3 again?

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Bryan I have a couple of C3 and I would buy them again. Smoothest reels I have. I still birdnest them every once and awhile but I would buy them again.

16. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    The C3 reels in all sizes are among the best for catfishing you can buy. Certainly, they are the best for the money, with the possible exception of the Penn 9 series, that's less expensive and very good, though not as smooth casting. There are other reels that are more expensive that are good reels. I'd love to have a big Shimano Calcutta, but not for $170 bucks. My next catfishing reel will be another 6500c3.

17. Karoake_katfish

Karoake_katfish New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I personally have the Shakespear (smaller one) with the bait clicker and it works really well with the smaller cats, but for the big boys i have went with Tidewaters. They have the steel bearings and hold up to the best of fish so far.

18. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    As far as the c3 vs c4 on the 6500 I did not see any differece in casting or retreiving. I caught a few fish on both, nothing over 25lbs though. The only downside to me is I fish more rivers than lakes and need a heavier line so now I have been upgrading some of my reels to the 7000 and larger. I found some 6000 that were great prices on ebay and they work real good too. I have some of those to.

19. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Welcome aboard this is a great place to be, great people with a wealth of knowledge.

20. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Hey Bryan, I Have A 6500C3 And I Like It Real Well, I Also Have An Abu 6000,7000, And 7000C3 Which Are Also Great Reels And They All Have Clickers.