Bait caster question

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by fishnfwl, Aug 24, 2007.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I have an older Mitchell, (don't think that matters much tho) the problem is, the reel foot has become loose, other than taking it all the way down does anyone have any idea of a good way to tighten the pins from the frame to the foot plate? They have just worked loose wallered out if ya will from years of use, now its beginning to be a pain, afraid a nice one may snap the reel off. Altho the pins are stainless I still think I could center punch them down abit or press them a bit just didn't want to take the entire thing apart if any one has experience on this type of repair or idea, even thought about a spot weld on each pin but that may be a bit extreme :big_smile: Thanks: Randy

2. catBob

catBob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    hey try some JB WELD that should fix the problem for ya

3. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Check out the hardware store for their smaller screws/bolts. Look for self tapping. If not, have to buy a tap that size too. When your ready to install the little bolts, use lock tight on them.

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    You might be able to drill out the pins and replace with pop rivets, but I like Canebreakers idea...Good Luck!

Branden