Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Bait Bucket

666 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  stinkbaitguy 
#1 ·
Just bought me a bait bucket to keep me some live bream in.I need them to keep for about 3 days after i catch them,yall think i should put them in lake water or throw some purified water in the bucket with my areator?Mightr sound stupid but ive always used stink bait and chicken liver i dont know these things!

#2 ·
If you can keep them in the lake nearby that is good. They do ok in a bait bucket in small numbers but you got to keep the water changed of they will die quick--those buggers will poop a lot and mess up the water-choke on their own waste. You are on the right track to getting better size fish. I agree with you, the stink bait produces small fish but good numbers. Good luck. A aerated and filtered system works best for all types of bait but gets expensive. PM Wylie Cat-- he has an excellent system for keeping 'gills. We love to fish bluegill for big channels and blues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.