Bait bucket problem

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by archer1914, Jun 30, 2007.

1. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    :bad_smelly:I had some bait the other day and was going to go fishing so i put them on air and was going to have it for later
    so i took a nap and the fridge went on the fritz and i had to contend with that in the mean time the bait died and the water evaporated and i was tired and forgot about it so it left me with a brown stinky gooy mess so i went down to river and washed it out not wanting to put chemicals in bucket i just fihgured i would put up with the smell but the bait dies quickly ever since the incident
    how can i clean this out with out continueing to have problems with bait dieing quickly when it did not used to i thought about soaking it in bleach water for a few days then washing it out what do you think?

2. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    :big_smile: thanks for any help you guys can offer i tell every body about this sight it is amazing

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Try some Clorox bleach . 1 cup,let it sit for about a day,and rinse with hot water. Should be alright after that.:haha:

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Greg is right, hot water and bleach will work, let it soak for 24 hrs and rinse thoroughly a couple of times