BAIT BOATS(RADIO CONTOLLED)WINCHING

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by glen the brumsta, Jul 6, 2009.

1. glen the brumsta

glen the brumsta New Member

State:
    birmingham , england
    Hi guys

do any of you use remote controlled boats to take live baits out ,especially on lakes, we use them here all the time special made ones desigend for the job, some fitted with echo sounders, also do any of you winch live baits out into the lake a tecnique using a standard rod and a but section from another rod with reel , you attach the main rod and line with out the rig (hooklink) via a link swivel to the winch rod with your sinker ,cast it out then open your bail arm put it on the rod rest then reel in the winch rod, providing you have used a heavy enuf lead(sinker) and a free running rig you,l end up with the link swivel ,you then unattach the winch rod, then you attach your your rig a live fish ,then slowly reel your main rod until you feel the lead, heh presto your live bait is fishing 20, 30 or even 60 yards out. we use a cork ball as a bead to keep line off bottom when winding in the winch rod , we also use a cork ball or polly ball on the winch rod, i,ll go into to more detail if people not clear. but once you have done it a few times it,s easy and stops your live bait getting a head ache lol. for all iknow it,s used all the time in the states, if not orsum method of getting fresh livos out into the lake

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Glen thanks for this post. Remote control boat questions are often posted on this board, not to many answers. Could you post some pics of the operation and equipment you wrote about? This is a very interesting subject that will help many.

3. glen the brumsta

glen the brumsta New Member

State:
    birmingham , england
    Hi mickey

yes i thought there would have been more interest from still water bank fisherman i,v read on posts questions from catters on how to cast livebaits , this winch method you don,t actually cast your fish you start reeling and your bait goes out into the lake . bait boats are brill you can also chum with em as well as take live baits out your rig could be sitting a hundred yards out in chum, under a branch where you can,t cast too.