Bait Boat & BIG SAM Attack the Blue Catfish

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Bait Boat, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Well we have done it again :crazy: The Hole Big Sam Has is paying off
    Big Time. Have had a blast last two weekends. We caught 25 or 30
    from 8lbs to 2 lbs . The frenzy was on . I'll wait and let Big Sam tell
    all the finer points of the trip:smile2:. Hope he is feeling better this morn.

2. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    good deal regan, glad to see someone catching some fish. hey im down around dam # 4 can you send some of them blues this way :smile2:

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sound like y'all got them fishes number ,Congrats on the catch

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Thanks "mail-man":wink::eek:oooh::tounge_out: Regans new handle!!!! I felt bad at the end had dizzy spell sugar out of whack:confused2: Could have been from the on-going solid work-out we recieved from 7am till 430pm:tounge_out: I forgot my snacks.... Launched at 730am shad were flickering..and hell to get:wink: we threw for over an our rounding those dudes up....finally said #@$# it lets fish!! I was cutting bait up and mailman was putting the rods out...well one went down before he got the 2nd rod out:tounge_out: another frenzy going down...didnt get a pole in the water till 10am:smile2: we busted 7 quickly in the 1st spot......then started working the area.....turned on the AR- tulsa game we knew Johnny was happy with the results!! any way we lost a couple nice ones on hang-ups....built the live-well numbers pretty quick...we hit onw dead zone but split quickly....Mailman got me on the biggest almost 9lbs several over 5 the rest 2-4lbs.....We used all our bait....made it home and took a shower eat & rested 45 minutes then cleaned fish me and the MRS.....2 gallons of fillets on a limit of 20.....Mailman is going to deer camp for 2 weeks starting friday he will be missed...Johnny get out of the tree-stand and get a pole!!!!! I am telling ya i got them pegged for now!!!

5. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Glad to here your still kickin BS :smile2: I think throwing that net for 2 hrs
    probly took it's toll on Big Sam . I tore up the buffet at the Bearcat
    as normal. 777 Your partner has the fish in a barrel get out of the tree
    and catch some:smile2:

6. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Congratulations on a good day of fishing. I haven't had one of those in a while so of course I'm envious. :tounge_out::smile2:

7. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I wish i could have went with "mailman":002:I know ya had your chef-hat on for the big feast!!!! Afraid i'd pass-out in the buffet-line:tounge_out: I think Johnny may be part squirrell:eek:oooh::wink: as much as he is in the trees!!! There is a rumor though that he is contemplating bringing uncle Lonnie perhaps this friday the day before opening deer season......ya never know...were gonna run that RC boat when ya get back at least once in the locks.......they will be in there through mid-december unless it gets really cold or another flood comes our way...:cool2: The Blues are starting to school folks CLASS is IN session!!!!!:tounge_out:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Well me and my uncle Lonnie will get out of the woods for one day and meet Big Sam Friday morning at 5:00 a.m. Looking forward to getting in on some of this slugfest action. Sounds like ya'lls been tearing them up. Me and Sam have decided to go back to some simple fishing and get back to the basics. Reagan good luck on the upcoming deer camp. We will be back in the woods come Saturday morning and may not come out for awhile, but when we do I have a feeling the blues on Kerr lake may be in trouble come late November through Febuary. You need to get your Oklahoma license come January 1st.

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    WAY TO GO congrats on a great trip

10. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    I'll be thinking about yall fri morn I'm leaving around 8 for the trip
    you all will kill them it's a lot of fun . You better go to the bearcat
    for a free for all before you get on the water. Big Sam needs his
    energy . :smile2:

11. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Son we aint got time for a 3hr feast:eek:oooh: Were planning on being in the water right at day-break so the shad is easier to get:cross: Rain & cold front wed-thursday then cooler friday..heavy winds today & yomorrow 15-35mph:eek:oooh: Kerr would be Hell to pay the next 2 days!!! Folks in Arkansas dont burn the next 2 days we dont need forest fires!!! Johnny is ready!!! Hope they bite for us like they have for "Mail-man":tounge_out: & myself!! Regan is gonna get that OK license this year i can feel it:smile2:

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a good time on the river.

13. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    If they bite like this at kerr i'm all in:big_smile:

14. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Allright everyone copy his reply and we will send it to the "Mailman" on a daily basis so he dont forget:eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink: yes they bite like that on Kerr when the water gets cold...Dec-Feb is World class Blue season:big_smile: Good luck Regan hunting!!!! I got ya some nice blue fillets to take with ya......could be lucky!!! Johnny load-rods not rifles for friday!!!:tounge_out::wink: He could be mixed up:tounge_out:

15. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Wow I hope yall kill em again I might call you at 1200 when I get to fordyce to get a report:smile2:

16. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Take a fishing rod with ya to ease........the withdrawls!!!!!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out: the ol'e toyota wont know how to act all cleaned up and organized...she might try to hang a left..toward scranton..:wink:

17. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    You got that right:wink: Kinda got the huntin fever sat in tree yesterday
    afternoon hog hunting with the judge. Seen two deer no hogs. thinking
    about running rc boat today looks like rain though

18. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Them trees are deadly:eek:oooh:.....they can cost ya a 30lb blue easily!!!:tounge_out: Seen a litter of 7 confirmed little wild hogs 2 days ago rummaging around by the road:smile2: if you or Johnny had been with me i could have seen you guy's trying to catch one!!!!:eek:oooh: or 2!!:tounge_out: momma was around i didnt see her though, you might have made it out alive!!!! Ready for the big Blue-Hunt occuring tomorrow...johnny & uncle lonnie are gonna arrive around 5am at my house.....I am off work till the 12th!!! I am in prime attack-mode!!! Hopefully Johnny can fill the shad bucket quickly!!!! If he ain't forgot how to throw one with all that huntin going down!!! be carefull drivin to fordyce regan & come back with a 17/70 F&F ready to go!!!:smile2:

19. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Glad to hear that someone is catching fish here in Arkansas, even if it is way up the river. I've been getting over the flu and cutting up a deer. We've also got a couple of small pigs that we're fattening out, and a big one that we've got to pick up and slaughter as soon as it gets cool enough. Maybe I can get in some catfishing after Thanksgiving.

20. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well we attacked as promised :smile2: it took a while though...on the way at our final turn i told Johnny this is where regans' buck hangs out at & sure enough he walked in front of the truck:tounge_out: came up & sniffed around the headlight:wink: then went around to Johnnys driver side window & looked at Johnny like who are you?:smile2: he wasnt scared at all.....anyway took forever to get shad..finally did ....1st spot we hit around 8-10 blues..wind kicked in 20-35mph dragging 2 - 55lb railroad irons around most of the morning...tough fishing out of the front of the boat ask Johnny!!!:tounge_out: couldnt keep the slack out of the line..too much wind...we managed around 17 blues I think was lonnies count..still a ok day got a gallon of fillets ready to fry:wink: I felt lucky to get 17 total with the wind howling all day..when we were heading back we saw another deer on the bank.....Were blaming it on Johnny he ordered a sausage egg & cheese McMuffin & they gave him a McGriddle!! He was done for from the start!!!:eek:oooh: