Bait Attractor

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Today I placed and tied down 16 Christmas trees under my deck that hangs over the water. Come Spring time I will have more blue gills, warmouths and raccoon perch than you can shake a stick at. The first photo is of how it was before the fish attractor was set up and the last two is how it looks now.

PS, have y'all done anything to get ready for Spring time fun?

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    thats an awesome idea man... i like it

3. larry d. grady

larry d. grady Member

State:
    north caro
    i sunk 10 Christmas trees in 20 feet of water friday afternoon on north side of norman to attrack some crappie.oops i mean catfish bait.

4. Allied

Allied New Member

State:
    NC
    In the 30 years I have lived on LKN, I have regularly put Christmas trees under my pier. I put in 10 last Sunday. I have put as many as 30 some years. I usually tie them from the top and let them float. Eventually they get waterlogged and go down. The rope keeps them standing up. When the next Christmas rolls around I untie them and they lay down on the bottom and the new ones go in on top. Lots of minnows around them in the spring, along with brim, crappie, etc. I regularly see nice bass in there looking for a meal. Attached are some pictures from Dec 2007. Look close and you can see the bass. I used to regularly try to catch them, but not so much now that I got hooked on this catfishin' thing.

BTW - Capt. Gus' column in this week's Charlotte Disturber talked in part about placing brush in the lake and how we needed permits to do that. Of course I know we all do that. Personally, I asked my wife. She said fine.

Attached Files:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great job Mac. That should produce many dividends in the future.

6. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nice mac that will make a great place to catch bait

7. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    Break out the ultra-lite fishing tackle and have fun catching them jokers! Looks good.

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    That looks good Mac, I can't believe that the water is still so low up there. Did ya'll get any of that rain we got down here last night? It really came down last night. River is probably raging today.