Bait attracting lights

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by gilmafam, Dec 4, 2006.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I'm not sure if it has been posted before, but I was wondering if any of you folks have use the blue/green lights for attracting bait. I've heard that it is better than the normal floating white light, and testimonials say that bait is attracted so well, that you can just dip net them?

bayrunner ray

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I thought I had heard that the colored ones work well. I bought one of the floating white lights many years ago and tried it several times with no luck.

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Heck Fire I've heard and seen it posted here on attracting Big Johnny Cats to your bait by using the small GloSticks on your baits!!!

Big Fish & Little Fish....both!!

:feel_good:

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I use the green light, mine works either floating or submerged. It seems to work well & doesn't appear to attract the bugs like the white light does.

HTH, Elliot

5. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    We use them to catch hybrid bass, also brings in the water snakes!

I use both green and white submerged ,both work, just rigged up a 12 volt fluorescent light to hang on the side.

Last time out the boat besides me had a fluorescent out I had a green light in the water and they out fished me bad.

Now I can use what ever works at that time.

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey guys...
    I did a little more looking around. Seems that the blue/Green Light is the most penetrating of the lights underwater. The 4' submersible light is quite an attractor. brings the source of the food chain.. zooplankton, and then the larger things, and then the bait fish, and of course the larger fish with "sitting" longer... you can scoop up the bait, or even throw a cast net to get bait. May be not allowed is some states....I believe it is listed as green magic.... bait lights... submersible... 4ft long, 12 volt, 20 ft cord

seems good to me.. but rather pricy

bayrunner ray

7. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    You can find them at Academy Sporting Goods. I've never used one personally.