Bait around Plattin Rock??

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by chrisatrpm, Jul 27, 2009.

1. chrisatrpm

chrisatrpm New Member

State:
    missouri
    Went fishing Sunday only to find that the water was too low to get into the creeks that usually are swarmed w/ asians. Anyone have any recommendations on where to get them when the waters down? We tried several spots but only managed to catch a couple and ended up getting skunked.
    Thanks in advance

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Sunday? We were able to get up the creeks there with not too much problem and we got asians, mooneye, regular carp, shad & brim. Where did you try?

3. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Tom, them boys with them 15 degree hulls can't get to where we did with my 3 degree. LOL!:smile2::smile2:

4. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
    HA ain't that the truth. We were catching so many asians on Friday night we were giving them away to peeps on the bank. Def a great fishery in the Lou. Already talking about coming back soon.

5. chrisatrpm

chrisatrpm New Member

State:
    missouri
    We tried the creek just south of the boat ramp and an other north about a mile and they were too shallow. We found a creek on the Illinois side north of Doe Run and I caught a bunch of white bass but nothing else. We did not try Joe-ack-um (I'm not even going to try and spell it right) cause people were fishing the mouth all day. We tried just about every different depth / structure on the river itself but only managed a few carp and a whole ton of spotted gar

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    That would be Joachim Creek. Scoot them fella's out of the way, next time. LOL
    Friday, I caught an asian (15-20 lb) in a small cast net in one foot of water. That provided all the bait we needed.
    Was not too good on the net though. Not that it matters, it was one of those dang new ones with the ceramic weights. Does anyone know what those are made of? I can't stand them if for no other reason than they don't weigh near as much as lead. At least they don't sink as fast as lead.

7. chrisatrpm

chrisatrpm New Member

State:
    missouri
    I found that out the hard way when I threw some of the weights from a walmart net I was retiring in the melting pot and stunk up my entire neighborhood.