bait alert reels

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by papasage, Nov 8, 2008.

1. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
  2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    IF it holds up it will be real good for some good night fishin I hope it works cause I want one if they do

3. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    try one let us know if it is good or not then we wan`t waste our money if not . i will stick to the little bells on my rod tip :eek:oooh::wink::big_smile_2:

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I bought one for my son and so far it work's great he's caught alot of fish with that reel ..Once you find the right setting for the alarm and the proper drag you want they work great.

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I thought you were going to do that Sage caause you got the money

6. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    WHAT MONEY? i am so broke i can`t pay attenchon.:eek:oooh:. can`t even aford to window shop:sad2:. i am self employed .

7. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    what is the price of them

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have looked at them, but I am convinced that in hard current or while drifting you would not be able to adjust the alarm so much that the alarm would function properly

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I have one but don't use it much.I'm more into Baitcasters now.ABU and Penns got me rather spoiled. When I got mine they was $39.00 at Wally World.Now thier $42 at the same store.Figures huh.

10. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    just another kid's toy w/more bells and whistles, wonder if the dude uses them in all his tournaments :smile2::smile2::smile2: unless he inters the pee wee tournys ,

11. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    the spincast "hawg seeker" is $25 at Wal-Mart. the push button caster one is like 45.

12. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I've got a spincast version of the Zebco Hawg Seeker in my collection. I've gotten into some decent sized fish with it and it seems to hold up really well. My father in law got one and I thought it was cool so he ordered me one last year for my b-day. I still haven't had to replace the batteries. It's really good for those quiet nights by the river when I fall asleep in my chair. Damn thing's LOUD!! But it's helped me land fish, so I ain't complainin'.

13. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    The Ol' Lady just got me the Hawg Seeker open face spinning outfit for my B-Day. Have'nt been able to put it to the test yet. The med. heavy rod seems nice and stout. I wish they would've made the switch so you could set it as light n sound or just the light. Might have to do a lil' surgery on it.

14. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I got one for christmas I hope to test the alarm sooner or later I like the way it casts I have used it at the river a couple of times and just ain't had no luck catchin with it

15. lugnutz

lugnutz New Member

State:
    Demorest Ga.
    I like the idea of the bell system and do use the bells when I fish at night. I tend to stay on the low tech side of the fishing world. It is just too easy to get caught up in all the stuff that is marketed.

16. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Yeah I just wanted a fancy one for a change my son calls me a high tech redneck LOL

17. lugnutz

lugnutz New Member

State:
    Demorest Ga.
    With as much high tech gadgets kids are exposed to nowadays it certainly dont hurt to throw some high tech in to keep the lilluns interested and carry on the tradition. Who knows what they will be using to fish with in 10 -20 years.

18. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    If you get a hawg seeker make sure to turn it off when you aren't using it the batteries are hard to get to had to tonight

19. 8up

8up New Member

State:
    TN
    I have been trying to find just the spinning rod the combo comes with. I like the feel of it.

20. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I own the hawg seeker,and i love it, plan to build my collection of them,if the wife will let me,they have steel gears in them instead of plastic,they are a good rod and reel combo for the money,i plan to buy more of them,just thought id let ya know...