Bagnell Trip

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Seth, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Well me and two other guys made it up to Bagnell today and fished from 2:30 to 9:30. We landed about 40 catfish between the three of us. Most of them were blues with a few channels mixed in. The biggest was about 6 pounds. Every fish we caught today looked like a football. Everything was caught on shad. Talk to some other guys who did really good using shrimp also. The man we talked too also said that some lady caught a "hog", but we never seen it.

The spoonbill were jumping everywhere today. It was pretty neat watching big spoonbill fly 2-3 feet out of the water.

I went up to the lookout balcony before we started fishing to see what was swimming around near the dam. LOTS OF BIG FISH! The only problem was that every one of them was a damned asian carp, NO CATFISH! We had brought our bow fishing rigs as always, but those stupid things never did come down below the yellow line where we could shoot them. Man they were thick in there and I bet some of them would have went 30 if not 40 pounds. It's a shame a person can't bow fish over the yellow line for those carp.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thats a lot of action. Too bad they were all dinks but thats still a lot of action and a ton of fun. I need to get my kids on some fast-paced fishing here soon. I'm about to lose one of them. He's convinced he'll never catch another fish the rest of his life. :smile2:

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    It would be the perfect spot to take some younger fellas out for some catfishing. There's always a chance of hooking into a big one too up there.

4. unclebill85

unclebill85 New Member

State:
    Lee's Summit, Missouri
    I am with your kids!! I feel like I will never catch another fish the rest of my life!! :crazy:

5. jesseray

jesseray New Member

State:
    missouri
    me n my dad caught 17 in 2 hours thats how it usually is if you can get some shad n e way. i really dont have much luck on anything else there really,course when i found out how good they hit on the shad why change baits:wink:

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thank you for the info it sounds like you had a really good time on your trip and sounds like you caught some nice catfish, glad to hear your having success, I wish you more luck and many more fish to come.