Bagnell Dam

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by sherdan, Jun 17, 2006.

1. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    Has anyone been below the dam and have you done any good there yet?

2. sherdan

sherdan New Member

State:
    Lebanon, Missouri
    Went below the dam Sunday afternoon, no shad and no water! The chinese carp were so thick around the house turbine that nothing else could squeeze in there. Caught some perch for bait, didn't get to start fishing until about dark, run onto a pontoon that I bet had 30 people on it or floating on tubes tied to it. Motor had quit, finially got them pulled to the ramp and my brother-in-law showed up and then shortly after that he ran aground and busted his lower unit all to pieces so if anyone knows where the lower unit casing is for a mid 80's Black Max 150 give me a howler. (made one wonder if maybe we should pack up and go home before we had something break down!) Fishing report, we caught about 5 blues the biggest about 3lbs. the rest around 1 1/2 to 2 lbs. Missed several but nothing that seemed any size, quite a few hits but using 7/0 circle hooks a little too big for the smaller fish, tails were scraped up pretty good like they had been working the nest. Maybe in another week or two the bigger ones will show up.

3. btmfdr

btmfdr New Member

State:
    missouri
    you guys should go on up to truman dam. every time ive been to bagnell there has been serious issues with the water level.