Bagnell Dam Fishing.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by gregjr1, May 23, 2008.

1. gregjr1

gregjr1 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Has anyone been fishing up at Bagnell. Wondering if anyone is having any luck? Thinking of heading up Sunday. Debating if I want to head there or the Missouri up by Herman. If someone could give me info, I would greatly appriciate.
    :eek:oooh:

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    My parents and I went up Thursday and fished most of the day drifting shad for catfish. The second fish my step mom caught was a 25 lbs blue. I also landed a 9.5 and a 12 pound blue that day, both personal bests up there and for blue cats in general. Not sure how many we ended up catching total, but we kept 11 blues and 3 channels with the smallest being about 3 pounds and most around 5 pounds. It was the best day I've ever had up there.

The girlfriend and I also went back up Friday evening and drifted shad a few hours and only caught one asian carp on a shad head. It was dead that night so it's probably a hit or miss deal.

If you want to catch some crappie, they are catching them as fast as you can get your line wet from what I seen. We planned on catching a mess of crappies Thursday, but had too much fun with the catfish that we never bothered trying for crappie.

Attached Files:

3. gregjr1

gregjr1 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks for the info Seth. Sounds like a pretty good Thursday. I've fished up there about 4 times now, only had good success once. So I know what you mean about the hit and miss. Last time I went up the water was running over flood gates and raining cats and dogs. Only thing debating on now is how bad weather might get today? Sounds like a trip that next weekend might have in store. Do you happen to know a website or phone to call to find info on how many turbines they have open or how high the water might be before making the drive? Just incase before next weekend trip.:big_smile:

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
  5. gregjr1

gregjr1 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks alot. This will help quite a-bit when planning trips. Thanks for the tips also, still kinda new to river catfishing. Always just did lake fishing off of dock before I bought a boat last July.:0a22: