Bagnall dam trip

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by CATMAN1979, Jun 9, 2009.

1. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    Well decided to change the pace and fish a little closer to home saturday night due having to work saturday. Caught around fifty fish total biggest was 34 , 27 , 17 rest were around 5 to 10 or so kept a mess of smaller ones cpred the bigger fish to fight another day. I believe the two bigger fish were males due to the their tales and heads had sores all over them and it looked like teir stomachs were empty due to being on the beds i believe. :confused2:Caught fish on live shad cut shad live bluegill and cut bluegill it didnt seem to matter what you through out they took it. :eek:oooh: here are some pics.

Attached Files:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the report and pics.

3. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    awesome!......looks like you had a great night with great fish. congrats!

4. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Sounds like you guys did ok. I caught some good ones between 20-30lbs last year below bagnell. Are they still running heavy generation right now? Thanks for the report - I'll have to make it down there soon for some crappie, bluecat and kentucky bass action.

5. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    They had four units on and no gates.

6. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats Chris, Sounds like a great trip!!!
    Reps your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Nice fish! I've yet to catch any blues bigger than 12 lbs up there. I'm just not holding my mouth right I guess because last year the first catfish my mom caught was a 25 pound blue. :angry:

If you don't mind me asking, were you up closer to the dam or down river a ways? There's a couple of holes I like snagging paddlefish from down river, but have never catfished them and always curious if anybody else does good there on catfish.

8. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: way to chris you really got into them !!! congrats buddy :wink:!!!!!!

way to getter done thanks for sharring

9. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    Way to go buddy. Looks like you had a good night of fishing. That was my old stomping grounds before going to warsaw.