Badin Report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mpayne, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Out on Badin this morning. Turned out to be a very wind day. Lots of small shad were available up by the dam and water temp was 49.3. Did not get too many bits today, but did manage to catch a couple of fish. The 5lb channel was caught in 11ft of later and and a smaller blue was caught in 25ft. Talked to a # of guys today that were fishing for Stripers and Crappies and nobody was catching much, so I feel lucky to have caught a couple. The water was murky, but much clearer than it has been. They were not releasing any water at all today

2. gatecitycattin

gatecitycattin New Member

State:
    nc
    I am thinking about going to badin tommorrow. where do you reccomend launching? What areas have been productive for you in the past? It will be my first time on Badin and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

3. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I always launch at the Whitney boat ramp and head up river towards the dam.
    You can usually find bait up there and you can locate fish at many different
    locations depending on the time of the year and the water temperature
    Good luck and let us know how you did.........

4. gatecitycattin

gatecitycattin New Member

State:
    nc
    Badin bite was non-existent today. 1 small blue in 40 ft on shad. only one other bite all day. I tried by the dam and on down the lake along the channel. maybe they moved back into the creeks. I am not sure if this slow bite is normal for badin but the slow bite isn't worth the gas to get there. did anyone else have better luck?

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    dont sound like there was any current. i fished tillery yesterday with no current. makes for a slow biting day. im going to hit badin this week maybe have a good post later in the week.

6. crlail41

crlail41 New Member

State:
    Hickory NC
    We were there Sat and Sun. Got skunked. Only thing we caught was a brushpile from h--- over towards the golf course outta Whitney. Even the crappie bite was slow in the shallows above RR trestle. Anyone have any success jugging this lake? Would sure like to try.