Badin Report, May 4,06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dwreel, May 5, 2006.

1. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Went out with Tomahawk Thur. Had a great day. Got 11 fish, mostly flats with a couple of real nice channels mixed in. Biggest flats were 20# and 25#.

So, first trip on Badin, first flathead, and new personel big fish. How sweet can it get ?? Just gotta love it when them flats decide they wanna go back down and right now , and they do. (Sweet) The channels were like a kid in a candy store, couldn't swim in a straight line if they had to.

All in all I had a perfictly fine morning and learned a whole lot. Robert was constantly feeding me good information and willing to share what he has learned over the years. On the way back to the ramp he pointed out several good places to fish and when the best time would be. Now thats Priceless. I can well imagine how many flats I would have lost in the furure if Robert hadn't taught me how to properly use the drag. I never would have guessed how light it needs to be set and how to adjust it from bait set-out to landing a flat.

If anybody is having trouble on Badin, you really need to hook-up with Robert. He really knows his stuff.

Thanks for a super trip, Robert.

Attached Files:

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Dick glad you done so well. I've had one trip to Badin so far but didn't catch anything.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice catch dwreel and i like that hat. i got to get me one.

4. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It's great to see folks catching fish and helping each other. Great fish and
    you have a new friend too. That's what fishing is all about........

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Nice catch Dwreel, sounds like you had a good time, thats what it is all about.

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Tomahawk is by far the best cat man I know. He told me he caught like 17 fish over 40 lb. last year or something like that. He reallyknows how to get on 'em. He has taught me a thing or two. For knowing so much he sure is willing to share his info. It's nice having someone to fish with that isn't so tight lipped about their info. I'll gladly share anything I know and I like it when I see others that are willing to do the same. Hey Robert, maybe we can hook up and go after 'em next week. I'm heading to Badin tonight to seeif I can find some flatties. wish me luck, later!!!