Badin Report March 15th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Man what a good morning on the water. I went up river and found the big channel cats were bitting like crazy. I started fishing about 30 min before daylight. I couldn;t even keep my rods in the water. I lost count on all the channel cats. They ranged from 4-15lbs. I did land one bluecat this morning and he was a whopper. Right when I set the hook I knew he was good one. he came up in back of the boat about 30yds away. He looked to be about 50lbs. After fighting him awhile. he finally came to boat. thats when he got his second wind and ran me around the boat twice. Under the rods and over the anchors. When he finally came up next to the boat I saw he was alot bigger then 50lbs. I got him netted and had a hell of time lifting him over the side. He tipped the scales at 70lbs. I did forget my didgtal camera today but had a back-up. A Kodak snap-shot. I have to get the pictures developed. When I do I will show Catfishrus to vertify. I'll bring the pictures to the BAdin tour in March. I took two pictures of him lying in the bottom of the boat. But I told myself this fish is too big for that. So I went looking for some other fisherman. As I pulled up to a boat I noticed it was the same old couple that took my picture with that 75lber. As I approached, they said not again. I told them Yep, again. The old timer got some goood picture of the fish this time.

WyileCat: I don't eat crow, I just don't mess with the small fish everyone else catches.

2. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report Robert. That 70 lber sounds like one hell of a fish. Thanks again.

3. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice fish robert, I went to badin thursday and found the blues down river. Ended up with 13 blues and 6 channels Congrat again on that 70lber.

4. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    way to go robert, keep up the good work.

5. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Nice fish!!!! Get them to put those pics on a disc and post them!!!!

6. WillyZ

WillyZ New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice fish, can't wait to see pics. Congrats on a great catch and great day of fishing!

WillyZ

7. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Wow your putting it to them! Congrats!

8. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Nice fish are you still using stinkbait and fishing way up in those shallow creeks @ 1 ft deep. I knew it , I just knew it. Congrats:wink:

9. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    great fish, im ready to see some pics, those fish really are hittin the shallows hard this time of year :big_smile:

10. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    march 15th?? great fish tomahawk!! ok well feb 16th sat Moose and I went out tried several places with no luck just a bunch of dinks. Wind blew pretty hard and just before we quit I caught this 28lb. I took Tomahawks advise since they werent running water I didnt go up river, but.... I was about to:confused2:

Attached Files:

11. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice fish Jerry It wont be long before the big ones come out to play.:wink:

12. bigdmat

bigdmat New Member

State:
    lexington,nc
    hey guys i am new to this forum and hope to spend some time here. trying to get my 10 posts in .
    great fish i can only hope i can get close to that some day

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I seen the pictures today and it was a nice fish....looked 70lbs to me. i dont have no scanner so i cannot post them for you folks. Maybe robert can find someone with a scanner. Congrates on the catch robert.