Badin Report, March 08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well they were running plenty of water this morning. The only problem the blues weren't bitting. I did manage 11 stripers and afew channels on cutbait. The water temp is at 50*. Tones of bait up river just about everywhere. From what I saw I was the only one pulling in stripers this morning. They were a couple of live bait fisherman up there and they didn't do anything.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i went today also. i believe tomahawks got a secret bait....lol. i seen him reeling one of them in. i caught about 15 mixed greys and channels. done the same yesterday but had a small flathead mixed in. no current yesterday but good current today. cant find the blues but they cant hide forever. seems alot of grey cats are moving up river that makes for alot of action.

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I'm hoping the blues are going to heat up soon, March was a good month last year. Its good to hear that ya'll were catching fish even if they weren't big cats. I'm going to try Tillery tommorrow.

4. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was out on Badin today, Water temp was up to 55. They were not releasing and water today and I was in three different spots for the 1st 3 hours before I got my 1st bite. I then caught 3 fish in 15 min. and 1 more in 30min and then nothing....... It's amazing how they feed. I spoke to several guys that said they were really biting yesterday. The story of my life.........

5. mhedrick

mhedrick Member

State:
    NC
    They sure as heck didnt bite on Tillery yesterday either. They werent pulling water, and the fish were not biting.

6. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I was on the water before first light and could only catch threadfin for bait up in the river. I was at the dam when the warning tone started. Went down the river and found one spot with a bunch of fish. They moved just after I got anchored which I think was due to the water getting started running. Caught one small channel cat. Both small and large fish were going crazy busting shad on the surface for about the first 30 minutes of daylight. I didn't have rods rigged for freelines or surface plugs with me but I will next time. Almost all of the big fish seemed to be on the right shoreline.

7. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It’s interesting that they are releasing water. I saw yesterday where they are saying that we are in a moderate drought. Looking at the 7 day forecast they are not forecasting any rain until Sunday when it could be mixed with snow. I certainly catch more fish when they are releasing water, but do not want the lake levels to drop too far where it’s a danger to my boat.

Mark

8. mhedrick

mhedrick Member

State:
    NC
    The lakes have minimum daily releases regardless of drought conditions. Also, they are elecrticity producing facilities, so if they arent generating, they're not making any $$.