Badin report Jan 19th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

Whgat a day on the water. I went to Badin this morning. I anchored out up river. I was out there for only ten minites when I saw a rod start bouncing, then the line went slack. I hate when blues do that. I reeled in the slack line and set the hook, it turned out to be a big fish. After fighting him a short time another rod went down, at first I thought he tangled up with the other rod but that wasn't the case. Now Iam holding two rods with big blues on. I got the first one in after a 20 minitte fight he weighted out at 52lbs, I reeled in the second fish and he weighted out at 50lbs. I was complety whipped after that. I got pictures of the 52lber. What a day.
  2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

Greer, SC
    Pat Chaney
    Great trip!!! Where's the pic?

3. dwreel

dwreel New Member

Southern Pines, NC
    I want to hire you as a guide. How much?? REALLY. Heck, I could have a good time just watching you catch them biguns. Or, I could just tailgate you around the lake. HE HE HE. Naw, I wouldn't do that. Ya might shoot me.

Oh yea, got any photos?
  4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

Wilmington, NC
    Tomahawk, Glad to hear your still on them big blues bro. Man you never have a bad day on the water do ya? I remember those other real big ones you caught a while back....I remember one of them was HUGE....still got the picture.

BTW, if you want to post the picture of those fish here and need it to be re-sized then send it to my email and I will resize it for you so you can post it.
  5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

north carolina
    well fellows all you need is tomahawk left over bait. thats the trick.... he gave me his left over bait this morning and i found one good shad in the bucket . i caught a 38lb blue this morning after he left. i wish i could have got there earlier shoot i could of helped him with one of

Attached Files: