Badin Report 8/28-8/29

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catamount311, Sep 1, 2009.

1. catamount311

catamount311 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Fished both nights from around 7:30 til 3:30 using shad that i caught around 7:00, and put directly on ice. Took my camera with me and attached a couple photos of two of the better ones we got. Didn't catch anything but channel cats as usual. Anyway let me know if you did any better than i did. Fished from my dock both nights. The shad were whole and were about 6 inches long. Do you think cutting them would produce more?

Attached Files:

• cat.jpg
      cat.jpg
      File size:
      19.1 KB
      Views:
    • cat2.jpg
      cat2.jpg
      File size:
      14.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Asartin

Asartin Well-Known Member

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    Sometimes they like them whole, if you were to cut them in half it could produce more oils and scent for the cats to come and find your bait. Best thing is try a few different baits wether its shad cut or whole, bream, crappie, or night crawlers. If you have any Southern States feed and seed stores close by they sell a fish food called Big Strike Floating Catfish food. Comes in pellets and floats, when I lived at Lake Norman and the wind was calm you could throw out 5 or 6 hand fulls and 30 min later there would be catfish getting thier feed bag on. All it takes after they start eating is a bobber small hook and your favorite bait. After a few days of feeding I would notice nicer and more numbers the more days you feed in a row. The food also works nicely in a laundry bag tied to your dock during the day all the boats going by with thier boat wakes cause the food to drift out and away creating a nice chum slick. Just some things to try dock fishing, Good Luck and tight lines....:wink:

3. catamount311

catamount311 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the advice.