Badin report 7-12-06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catrod, Jul 12, 2006.

1. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went to Badin last night caught 2 blue gills for bait and 2 throws on cast net and bait tank was full. 9:30 caught a 20# blue lost another on 30#line it snapped. Yadkin turned water off at 12:00. Water came back on @ 2:00 caught a small 1# channel and left @ 3:30. Water temp 78 deg. Finally caught one big enough to talk about, been awhile, now if I can just get some numbers of fish Ill be happy.:embarassed:

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates on the 20lber catrod. maybe that other one you hooked will come back and you can get another shot at him. was you slip corking or bottom fishing? its hard to believe a fish would even be hungry with all that bait up there right now. drives me crazy when i get all that bait and cannot find a fish willing to bite sometimes.

3. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I couldnt believe it a blue hit my blue gill on the bottom. It wasnt no small bream either. The one that got away... had my reel in freespool, clicker went off like a rocket, engaged reel put pressure on hook then 30# Big game snapped like a dry pine branch. That rig was threadfin cut bait on circle hook. Small channel came on "secret weapon" lure. Water flow seemed to be the major problem.Lack of flow. I need to get back to Falls res. again soon havent been in a while.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the big cat!