Badin report 5/1

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jpw, May 2, 2006.

1. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I fished Badin Monday afternoon and caught a 38lb Flathead, a 13lb blue and a 3lb channel. We lost 2 good ones, my son set the hook on one and it came off after about 2 minutes. Caught all 3 on White perch. I was going to stay longer, but my kids were getting hungry..lol. Me and a buddy of mine fished the same area Sunday and he lost a really good fish. They were releasing water both days. Also if you know of anyone that lost a seat from the front of their boat let me know..lol. I found one right under the train trestle near the rock wall. It is blue/grey in color. I kind of wonder how they missed it flying off their boat..lol. It's the small seats like what are on the front of bass boats.

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I was wondering were you fishing near the RxR bridge or the rock wall. Over the years I've never done that well in those areas. I know there's probley some nice flats around that bridge but trying to fish it isn't easy.

3. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Tomahawk, I was fishing in about the middle of the big flat area after the river opens up, almost to the end of that long grassy point. There was alot of bait there and I marked alot of large fish too. I am hoping to go back Thursday or Friday. I saw alot of boats at the tailrace and I am not sure if they were doing any good there or not. It was like a convoy of boats at dark when they left..lol.