badin lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tdfishing, Apr 2, 2008.

1. tdfishing

tdfishing New Member

State:
    Pinehurst nc
    went yesterday got there about 8am looked for bait no luck caught a few small blue gill. Went to the damn above the tracks. Nothing fished all the way back down to the tracks caught 1 small cat fish on live blue gill fist time ever for that . Caught it off a point close to the channel in 30 ft of water 60 ft was near by. had a great day though it was better than working. Got windy in the afternoon.

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    The bite was alittle slow yesterday. All I got was 3 channels and a 30lb blue. Also caught a brand-new rod and reel in the cast net by the dam. Looks like a shorefisherman lost it because of a catfish or striper. The stripers should really turn on up river right quick.

3. tdfishing

tdfishing New Member

State:
    Pinehurst nc
    looks like I need to follow you around

4. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Robert when you say dam are you talking about Badin Dam or Tuckertown? Are you catching bait up there now? Thinking about going Sat. weather permitting....( not lookin good). You know I realize in your line of work 1 30# blue isnt nothin to brag about but if I could get one that size on the dry side of my boat Id throw myself a party for the rest of the week!! LOL

5. monstercatmatt

monstercatmatt New Member

State:
    n.c.
    thats where my rod went lol. what was the water temp on the lake and what dept did u do best at.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC and thank you for the report