badin lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by erikp0412, Aug 3, 2009.

1. erikp0412

erikp0412 New Member

State:
    nc
    heading to badin lake tonight and hoping to get into some big cats 25lbs and bigger if anyone could help on where to find them would be great.

2. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    good luck is all i can say u prolly catch some smaller ones though

3. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I dont know Dustyn, reports on the other lakes are starting to pick up...I'm thinking it might be time to head back out:wink:

for eaters you cant go wrong...been doing ok everywhere on the upper end of lake. For big ones...they been picky...lets us know if you find them:roll_eyes: I think I caught 1 about 28 lbs and 1 @ 21lbs in the last 2 months. I havnt fished as much as useal....been waiting on a good report:smile2:

4. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Erik, I fished above the dam this past week (Wed. night). caught a number of smaller blues and one channel cat. Caught them all on livers and live bream (nothing on shrimp or dough bait). Couldn't manage anything over 3 lbs.

5. powerwagon

powerwagon New Member

State:
    north carolina
    man if you dont have any luck with the cats you should try the perch.I was out on badin with my parents on sunday evening and killed the pirch on ultra lights:wink: we had a dozzen in the 8"+ size. thay were runnin shad

6. erikp0412

erikp0412 New Member

State:
    nc
    well just got in from the lake not to bad of a night caught six cats two of them over 20lbs and 1 @ 12lbs and the rest around 5lbs had a good time. Finding the fish near channels and dropoffs in 15 to 25 feet of water. All on shad not hitting on bluegill.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  7. powerwagon

powerwagon New Member

State:
    north carolina
    erikp0412 wich boat ramp do you use? the alcoa or old whitney

8. erikp0412

erikp0412 New Member

State:
    nc
    powerwagon we put in in gar creek up by the damn but you have to have a small boat water is shallow there

9. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    i want to go to badin lake as soon as i get my boat. I think im buying one this week.

10. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    i fish the dam alot the tuckertown/badin on the badin side. ive noticed they arent to fond of bluegill or bream. but we used shad an those blues and channels tore them up. now flatheads on the other hand, i duno ive only caught a handfull there i go after them in the rivers near my house