BADIN LAKE WERE TO GO?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by squinn, Oct 16, 2009.

1. squinn

squinn New Member

State:
    NC
    We are headed to the Arrowhead Camp ground the last weekend of this month. Will be camping Friday and Saturday hoping for good weather. Please give me any advice were to find fish never have been on this lake.

2. James Bentley

James Bentley New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Ask erikp01412,he knows that lake and how to catch the cats there,he can help you with that info.

3. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    Here's an area map, youll be camping near cove boat access.
    I would go thru the gap at palmer island and head toward tuckertown dam. and depending on drifting or anchored from there

Attached Files:

4. squinn

squinn New Member

State:
    NC
    Drifting is what we are planning that week unless it turns out to be cold and then we may try some deep holes. Were are the best places to drift near tuckertown dam? Are there plenty of places to catch bait?

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Whatever you do, don't drift around them three chain islands unless you get up ot of the main channel. There is tons of timber over there and it sucks for drifting. you can anchor in it and do alright, but if you drift, you'll be a retying expert. You should be able to get bait in the creeks and up at the Tuckertown dam. there are lots of stripers near Old Whitney if you're up to catching them. Good luck and let us know what you come up with!!

6. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Tuckertown Dam for the bait.

7. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    when sitting at tuckertown dam looking downstream, most of that section is covered with rocks, bottom drifting not to good there. once down to where it opens up it has a cleaner bottom. on the lower side of the tressle there is an old dam and lots of trash on the bottom. when you round the corner headed toward old whitney the bottom cleans up again and most of the area back to gap at palmer island has clean bottom. as for the location of big fish, I havnt heard any good reports since ericp0412 jugged (poached) it in september. and now that spot has 5 boats on it every weekend.

8. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    and that is why my reports are vague as to details. The internet is public and I'm not signing a death sentence for the trophy blues of the yadkin by giving away where they are to anyone with a computer. I will help those who help themselves.....

9. squinn

squinn New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for all the help, now I have somewhat of a game plain. One last questions were are the danger spots on the lake? Thanks again PS anybody fishing that weekend would love to meet up with! We are good old boys from Gaston county Oct. 30-31

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  10. catamount311

catamount311 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I haven't been having much luck fishing from my dock, mostly channels. Gonna start going after the stripers this weekend.

11. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Scott, there are a number of rocks off of the Islands as you head from the Cove Boat Ramp toward Tuckertown. Don't hug the shoreline and you should be O.K. I'm not familiar with the lake much past the dam.

12. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    lakes pretty safe right now at (near) full pool. The worst of Badin shows up when it gets 4' down or more. like flounderman said..dont hug the bouys. if your going to tuckertown dam stay to the extream right side, just off the shore line and you will be fine. I'll probably be out there, havnt decided what time or even day or night.

13. squinn

squinn New Member

State:
    NC
    Jerry just wondering if you have decided on what day you will be on the water?

14. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I'm thinking friday evening till lunch or so saturday and maybe same saturday night. moon almost full so dont really want to fool with day fishing, I dont have as much luck fishing daytime after full moon, I think they eat all night:big_smile: I could be wrong but my confidence would be low:smile2: and to sit on the lake all weekend you got to have a little confidence.

15. squinn

squinn New Member

State:
    NC
    Just wanted to think the people who gave me information on were to go! We had a great trip and caught plenty of channels and a big blue that weighed 18lbs. It was a PBR for my buddy!

Attached Files:

16. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    we did about the same, a little slow on blues but some nice big channel cats. congrats to you and your bud.