Badin Lake Tournament

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Mar 4, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    So, who all is fishing the Badin Lake tournament Saturday and what are the predictions?

My Predictions:
    Winning Weight: 78 Pounds
    Big FIsh: 42 Pounds

2. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    I highly doubt I'll be able to make this one. However, if it rains like it's predicted to it's going to get interesting. I haven't heard the flood gate sirens in way too long and I know some others have been waiting for them too. This could change things up for sure. Good luck fellas.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I will be there

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Primetime says I'll be there. Heck, with the run he has going, he can fish with a blindfold on and place in the top five. Since this is his home lake, I think he will be the one to watch. CMJ has to work, I think, and that leaves the door open for you know who.

Long term weather forecast on Channel 9 calls for WINDY conditions Saturday. So, what else is new!

Team Gander Mtn. will be there.

I am going to shoot for the stars and project a gross weigh of 110 pounds and a big fish of 48 pounds.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    cmj is coming. He took the day off work just for this event. He can get the job done at badin also.

The old grasscutter is coming too. Hes been know to put a whopper in the boat at badin also.

Weigh could be high or low depending on the weather. Good weather i think it very well could be over a 100lbs after last weekend but with the weather pattern i see coming i have some douts. Its will be a good show that Omar puts on reguardless of the weigh in.

6. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    There is an outside chance I may show up. IF our event Friday night on Wylie gets postponsed for weather, which has happened since it is an overnight deal, I might make the drive down there and fish.

Looking at the weather it will be a miserable day. Highs in the low 50's, cloudy, possible rain, just plain yucky.

7. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    we will be there to donate. putting money on the line makes you fish harder. lets see.... a 997 and 80 bucks.... I'm a gona fish pretty hard. on weight geeze michael caught 100lb with 3 fish. this time he can keep 5 fish. weather this weekend dosent look much different from last weekend. 99 people will be fishing I'm going with a low ball shot of 125lb. I fished sat and sunday last weekend did yall notice the rigs coming out to prefish?

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I hate to say it guys but im hoping for 20 mph winds. I would say we going to have it too with the raining coming through friday night like they talking about. Things could change by then but hello windy march!

9. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    yea I can put my drift sock up and use my drift anchor

10. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    wife and i will be their to donate to the cause, you want have the slowest toon boat jerry, my toons top speed is 17mph. Don't count us toon catters out of this tournament as long as we can get a line in the water we have a chance.

11. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I hope it dosent get to ruff I might not be able to handle that in my little boat.I sure don't want to have to sit this one out. I also don't want to end up swimming either .:embarassed:

12. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Fish with me Gearhead!!

If my Friday night event gets postponed I will need a Badin partner!!

13. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Heres an idea Gearhead right before blast-off take a rope and put it around a Black and White Lund or a bright red trition. You get across the lake in no time. You probley end up going airborne when they make that turn thru gap. But just hang on and strap all your gear down.

14. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'l be there. I hope thirty boats show up. More money for the pot!

15. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I keep trying to tie on to someone each event and they just throw my rope back at me .By the time I get up river most those guy's will have all the best spots and probably a fish or two. :angry:

16. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Hey Dieter I would in a second but I have Chris Cole already lined up to fish with me .He would kill me if I dumped him now after the Mt island cussing he got and me calling and convincing him to come back to Badin with me.If your friday night cancels come on and fish .You don't need a partner but I bet you can round up a good one. Hate that I can't this time .I would love to fish with you .Im sure I would learn a ton. Im always a day late and a dollar short it seems.Last week I missed getting to fish with Rookie12 .My friend has become to reliable of late he use to not show :smile2:.

17. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    You havent got to have no fast boat to win a catfish tourney. You guys have proven that all winter long against some of the best fisherman in the area!!!! I bet there will be a 20hp or 25hp in the top five at badin.....it wouldnt surprise me to see both of them in there either. All you need is a boat that will keep 5 fish alive and hope that you can put a 100lbs in the boat and you fellows have got that figured out.

18. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey gearhead, we can tie our boats side to side and then we'll have a 45horse.....:wink: I know I'll have to trottle back quite a bit to keep from breaking loose:smile2: If we stay together fishing , I'll take care of the fish until the weigh in, and then I'll divide them out......:smile2:

19. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Glad to see yall are going to make it Bob.....:wink:

20. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    Hi Jeff, go slow at take off so i can follow you o.k. buddy. Pat and i are heading that way today and will do some scouting tomorrow.