Badin Lake report March 13th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tomahawk, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well I went out alittle early this morning. Fished about an hour before daylight and caught one nice blue up river. He weighted out at 40lbs. Also caught some nice channels. I thought more fish would of been bitting since it was so nice out. That blue was real short but fat as a pig. Latly I can't find any above 40lbs. I know there around. Not too many people out this morning. Water was at 50* up river. See-ya.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Robert, you sure know how to hurt a fellow. Here I am on LKN fishing for 4 to 6 pound stripers and you are hauling in a pig or two in every week. Maybe when the weather gets warmer my clients might want to try out the cats, which will give me an excuse to pre-fish for cats. Thanks for the photo and try not to use up all your luck before Saturday. Mac

3. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    One "nice" blue lol a 40 pound blue is awesome!

4. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    My son and I are planning to start going to Badin and High Rock lake this spring to do a little cat fishing.

Any tips on the best boat landings to put in at. We have never been to either lake before?

Also are there any good bait shops in the area selling shad or herring?

Thanks

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    david at badin you got old whitney and the alcoa landings. i dont like to leave my truck at old whitney at night though. had it broken into there a few years ago. alcoa has a lighted parking lot and the badin town police do patrol the parking lot at night. highrock there is the tamarac marinia and there is a wildlife landing across the road from them. bait at highrock- go to hill bait store. its a mile or so from the landings. you shouldnt need to buy bait if you can throw a cast net though. hills does have golfish they sell in the summer i hear they work good on the flatheads. let us know when your coming and i feel sure we can put you on the bait at badin. its loaded with shad and some herring.

6. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks so much. If I can get directions to the Alcoa landing I would appreciate it. We will probably get down there Saturday morning. I am recovering from a little surgery so it depends on how I feel by then.

My son throws a pretty mean cast net if we can get over the bait. I don't have sonar installed yet so we mostly have to go by sight or guess. I have a Lowrance LMS-522C on the way and am looking forward to that.

We fish out of a green 1648 Alumacraft NCS with a 25 HP Honda maybe we will see some of you guys down there.

Thanks again

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    its on hwy 740 going out of the town of albemarle. you will come into a atown called badin. boat landing on the right. watch your speed in that little town in the summer months. big tournament this saturday though.

8. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    My bet is that the boat ramp will be crowded at Alcoa on Sat. You could put in at Old Whitney and be fine for beating the crowds. You should come down and watch the weigh in @ 3 PM. I bet there will be some hawgs that are weighed in too. Hopefully by me!!!!!! I been getting bait pretty easy around daylight in Garr Creek. It is right across from Old Whitney. It's easy to tell, there is a marina there in the mouth of the cove and houses all up the side of the hill there. Good luck to ya'. Bait's easiest at first light, so get there early if you can. see ya

9. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My dad said we might be able to go to badin next week if we find out how to get their and launch our boat, etc. i will give a conformation whether it is a go or no later on this week, but it will be our first time going and we will be newbs on the lake :embarassed: .