Badin Lake Question??

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by monstercatmatt, Apr 9, 2008.

1. monstercatmatt

monstercatmatt New Member

State:
    n.c.
    Ive been readin up on flathead fishin and wanted to no from all you. The train track pilings on badin lake is there any good flattys around them. Cause theres alot of piling and there has to be debris around the bottom of em.

2. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    There is tons of junk at the tressel, the most struture I have seen around is there. I fished it several times and didnt catch anything. not sure what the deal is there, kinda like that other spot you were talking about with the 40ft hole. I see people fish there sometimes but they look like they are crappie fishing. Has anybody else done any good under tressel?

3. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Have fished Badin several times in the past did pretty good down around the lower dam. Just hang in their and keep the hooks and bait in the water.

PEEDEE CAT:wink:

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    That trestle looks good, but I have yet to do any good around it. There is a deep hole of to the left that you think would hold fish, but haven't caught any.

5. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    I made what I thought to be a good drift between the piers of that over hang and never seen so much as a tap on tha rod.....now that being sasid Im still new to the whole drifting technique which means Im still learnin. I hope this thread sticks, Id like to see what everyone has to say about it.

6. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I haven't done much around there either. You would think flathead would be around there. I use to fish around pillars back home and did pretty good. It was alot shallower though. Over the years I've heard of only one big flat coming from there. It was at 55lbs. Maybe because theres not enough food around there.