Badin Lake in North Carolina - catfish Here Kitty-Kitty!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Itzakeeper, May 20, 2006.

1. Itzakeeper

Itzakeeper New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hey guys, going to badin one day next week and need your expert advice on where to find some cats. The only fishing I've ever done at badin is for crappie. I need to know what type of bait and where on the lake do I stand the best chance. Either blues or channels don't really matter. Thanks in advance..

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have never fished that lake, but I would recomend using what you can catch in a castnet from the waters that you are fishing. I always try to stay with what is natural to them.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    shane the flats may be your best chance for big fish if we get good weather. the channels are everywhere and the blue are scattered out down river at least the ones i found where. flats are behind the dam for the most part. the channels last week where laying on drops and i caught a few blues mixed in with them. bait is at the dam along the wall. shad or white perch will do the job. the bite was best for channels in the 35ft water depth with drop offs close by.

4. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The best advice I can give you Itzakeeper is to listen to catfishrus. He knows that lake well. I was down there May 13th,14th and 15th. That is where I caught all my fish. I caught a pile of channel cats and a few small blues. The channel cats are every where.

5. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC. A lot of good information here and good luck on your fishing trip

6. Itzakeeper

Itzakeeper New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thanks guys might go mon. or later in the week depends on the weather

7. Tarheel

Tarheel New Member

State:
    NC
    For channels and Blues use cut shad. There is a cove right across from Badin shores that always seems to hold shad. Just ease into the cove and throw into the shallows. It works especially well when the wind is blowing into the cove.