Badin Lake Drifting??

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tubby Catfishin, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Ok guys monstercatmatt and myself are plannin to go to Badin Lake EARLY sat morn and after spendin the day w/ Jeff......(ncfowler) I really wanna try some drift fishin. Can anyone give me a good line to get on and drift. Im not lookin to get hold of those big boys just like to get on a few decent size cats. Can sombody help point me in the right direction?? Gonna try to get on the water b4 sunrise. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks

2. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    most of badin good for drifting, a drift in front of old whitney has done good for me also out in the deeper water below old whitney. if you go up river dont go far if your drifting the bottom, it's rough and snag alot. but from the mouth of that section going towards tressel is clean. wind direction will determine your line. I'm still hunting for a monster and figure when I get one it will be from that area. There is'nt much on the bottom anywhere in that area so if you snag something you might want to mark it:big_smile:. I seen Darin sunday on the lake. that wasnt bad spot he was in, in fact I was headed over there to check it out myself when I saw him. I caught some decent blues anchored right in the middle of the mouth. When they are biting you cant go wrong. but this past weekend took a little more effort.