Badin Lake Channel Catfish

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tubby Catfishin, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Fished w/ a great group of guys on Sat, Jan 31, 2009 @ Badin Lake in a cat tourney. Me, Dad , and My brother placed 3rd outta 14 boats. We came close to beating the state record channel cat. Caught one good channel cat that weighed in at 20.2 lbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Good looking fish Tubby. Not sure which is more impressive, the 48 lb Blue that took top fish, or a 20.2lb Channel. I think the 20 lb channel is more rare. Great catch.

3. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congratulations! That was a nice channel.

4. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    that picture dont do it justice tubby, looked bigger than that. congrats

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Nice fish tubby. One heck of a channel.

6. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Jonathan you need to submit that one to the BOC for an award. It will put you at the top of the pile in the BOC NC Hall of Fame and you will get a pretty little trophy next to your info on here. Great catch man!

Shane

7. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    yeah man, ya'll done good on that fish. That's the biggest channel I've ever seen right there. You would have had the state record 6 months ago, but you came close for sure. I might hit Tillery Sat. morning with my boys. Come on down and fish it man. You'll like the lake and I'll show you a few things about it. If for some reason I got a seat open, I'll let you know, but me and the boys crowd the boat up, if you know what I mean. If you're going, I might go to High Rock and get bait Fri.night, so if you're coming, I'll get bait for you too. Call me sometime!

8. bowler man

bowler man Active Member

State:
    nc
    nice real nice :smile2:

i aint seen one like that in years

9. Tubby Catfishin

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina

Na wouldnt be right collecting awards for a fish I didnt reel in......besides Ive already got my reward.....Watchin my dad catch him and knowing he's gonna wanna go again real soon!

Thanks guys for all the comments!

10. Buckedup

Buckedup New Member

State:
    NC
    Rookie 12,
    Where is the best place to get bait on High Rock?

11. Tubby Catfishin

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Chris would love to fish Tillery ASAP but gotta put a motor in my truck.....HOPEFULLY Sat. If so might be able to make it up next weekend. Gonna be a great weekend to be fishing......great weather day and night! Good Luck out there to you and your boys, Yall Be Safe!