Badin Lake Catfishing

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by quadrunner42029, May 3, 2009.

1. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    anyone fish badin lake if so add me need some info i fish there alot but always room for improvement

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Dustyn-I hadnt been lately but need to go real soon. When you get them figured out post us an update. Badin is a tough lake sometimes but has some big fish in it.

3. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    went yestarday wind was rediculously but i caught a few small channels near island at golf course , caught one channel cat about 12 pounds i think i caught 7 in all in bout 2 hours on bluegill cutbait ,found bait in gar creek against wooden wall beside marina. brought home alot of gills and shad and put them in my homeade bait tank will be going again today or this weekend one if the weather permits it.

4. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    went today caught 6-7 fish near golf course again one blue cat weighed about 30 idk i dont have scales all fish caught suspended 20 ft and shallower with blue gill or gizzard shad cut bait. baits in gar creek along wooden wall when they wind blows up against it. the wind is killer out on main channel when its more than 5 mph wind, there was 3 ft waves today and they kill me in my 16 ft aluminum boat. ill update more next time i go.

5. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Quadrunner,
    I've never fished Badin, thinking bout going tomorrow. I'll be coming from Tillery, up 24/27. Where is a good place to put in that will allow me to get to Garr Creek for bait and then do some drifting? Thanks.

6. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    NCCatter, Old Whitney is where alot of guys put in, and Garr Creek is basically straight across the lake, slightly to the left. Google map old whitney road, the ramp is at the end of it. Old whitney rd is off 740, I am not sure where 24/27 is at. There is a ramp at the end of Garr creek as well (don't know the exact name), but it is shallow and rumors of folks breaking in trucks there.