Badin Lake Bankfishing?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Randync, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Im looking for a place to fish Badin, from the bank for cats. I live near Hickory but I know a little bit about the area, from delivering auto parts, to Troy and Salisbury. I want to fish down there on Stokes Ferry Road, near 49 but am not sure if that's a good spot. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    randy if you take stokes ferry rd to hwy 49 and turn left you will cross tuckertown lake at the twin bridges. just after you cross the bridge, turn to the rt. on the first rd. it will turn to dirt and then back to pavement at the county lines. there is a parking lot down there a on the right with a steel gate. you can park in that lot and walk down to the dam at the head waters of badin. you can get plenty of bait at the dam with a cast net. i have never fished from the bank there but a lot of folks do. i heard of a 65lb blue comeing from the bank there a few years ago. good luck

3. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If you take hwy 52 east from Richfield to hwy 740 turn left onto 740 in New London go straight for about 2-3 miles there are signs to for a boat ramp. Turn left onto I cant remember the road name but follow it till you get to Pumphouse rd on left, its a gravel rd. Follow that till it ends at the pumphouse youcan bankfish there. Its right next to the train tressel bridge you can fish there all you want. Beware trains still come through there. This is where the dam is to the left and Badin basically "begins". If you did not turn left onto Pumphouse rd and kept going straight it comes to a parking area/boat ramp Old Whitney, plenty of places there to fish also. theres even a small pier located near a bouy in the water for a fish attractor. I hope this helps. P.S. Yadkin inc. pills more water during the week.:big_smile:

4. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Oh by the way Stokes Ferry rd only goes over Tuckertown near 49 and what used to be Johns tavern, thats not Badin. The big bridge on 49 near there is also Tuckertown.

5. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    Welcome to the BOC all new N.C. members

6. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks guys. I always thought that was Badin.:embarassed: I got thrown off by coming up Badin Lake Road (I think) I would take that road from 109 (coming from Troy) to 49 then to Stokes Ferry. I almost always came up through there about 4 am and didn't pay attention to any signs. I was too busy looking for all those deer down there.

7. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Also are there any cats in Tuckertown? I always wanted to fish that place, I probably drove through there a thousand times but work frowned on stopping to fish lol.

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    randy there is plenty of channel cat and some flatheads. tuckertown went thru a hayday back in the early 80s with the flatheads but i think they are coming back. i feel sure there are some big boys in there but fishing the upper end of the lake out of a boat is tuff with all the rocks but you can fish it off brinkle ferry rd. thats where the upper dam is located. plenty of bank fishing there also.

9. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks again for the help guys. Ill be heading down there in a couple of weeks to give it a try, probably.