Badin Lake 6/8/08

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Tubby Catfishin, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Skunked on Badin last night! Got to the lake bout 5:30pm and fished till 1:00 am and didnt get as much as a bite! Oh well I guess everyone has their good days and BAD days!!! Anybody else fish Badin Sat. night, and if so hope ya did better than us. Caught a ton of bream along the banks upriver and a few small white perch at the dam. Couldnt get my net over any shad no matter how hard I tried. I was just glad to get out on my boat again and enjoy the water!

2. shrewboy

shrewboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sorry to hear that the night wasn't productive. Glad to see you got out and enjoy the water once again.

Not to many people like to post a bad trip on the water. I think this type of a post gives some of the less than average fisherman and beginners a clue that we all don't catch fish ever time out. We all have our good and bad moments.

Thanks for the post and better luck on your next trip out.

3. tdfishing

tdfishing New Member

State:
    Pinehurst nc
    I did the same thing last sat. I think Im going to try the Cape Fear this weekend

4. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I didnt fish until midnight, stayed until 4am. bite was slow and I couldnt hold my eyes open. caught mostly white cats drifting, only 1 channel anchored. caught large shad at dam. about 1 shad per net cast. good night though, got cool out there

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I was there Sat. night and I got about 30 cats, but nothing over ten pounds. Found a little honey hole, a shallow flat where they were up there roaming. Biggest was a ten pound blue. got everything on cut shad. No hits on live bait. I did hit s few flathead spots, with no bites though. Most fish were smaller blues, with some channels and whites mixed in. Found some nice suspended fish in front of Old Whitney about 11 pm. They wouldn't bite!!!! I finally put a live shad on and put an 11 lb. striper in the boat and managed two more smaller stripers, before I ran out of shad. If ya'll are struggling to get bait, you need to be throwing your net in shallow water around mud and grass, you'll get all the gizzards you want. I got about 3 dozen in the back of Garr Creek. no threadfins of herring, just gizzards, I tried up river first, and got no bait up there at all. nice night, I went back today and got 26 crappie trolling and about a dozen cats while trooling for crappie, got 47 perch too and one striper about 4-5 lb. It was a good weekend. The small fish were in less then 5 ft. of water Sat. night. I guess I got lucky and found 'em!!

6. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Well Im sure glad one of us was catchin fish! LOL Good to hear that ya had a good night chris!