Badin Lake 5/22-5/24

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by kvillcat, May 25, 2009.

1. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Well after setting up camp below the dam at Badin on Fri I tried my luck Fri night. 2 Blue cats 8 lb and 4 lb. Sat caught my first White Cat 5 lb. Beautiful fish. And my PB a 44lb 11oz Blue cat. :big_smile: ( Released ) Caught a few more small channels and blues Sat night but the bite was slow all weekend for me. Maybe to much boat traffic and jet skiers. But over all had a good weekend and A beautiful Blue cat

Attached Files:

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    John welcome to the BOC this is the best cattn site on the web /for info an to get to meet an talk to some great people .

Enjoyed your post on Badin ,if u would take a few min an checkin on N.C. roll call thread ,also check out N.C. gathering thread ,thanks

WELCOME ABOARD JOHN

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    nice catch john,
    What was your bait of choice for the big blue. I was down there sun nigt also. bite was slow.
    Lindsay

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi John! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! :big_smile:

Hope to meet you and yours at the NC gathering on Badin Lake in October!

5. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    I was fishing in about 5-6 ft of water useing whole shad and hearing about 9in in length. Took about 15 min to get her in almost didn't fit in my net:confused2:

6. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    i hope you turned that big boy loose i used to keep big ones but i realized its alot better for the catfish population to keep eating size fish and let big ones spawn again and put good genetics back in there offspring just like deer hunting if u always shoot spikes u will never shoot a trophy that and when u let a 44 lb fish go he may be 60 or 70 next time you hook him, just my 2 cents i hope u did if not consider it from now on a photo is all the proof you need. later buddy

7. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    im a dummy i didnt read released in parentheses lol my bad anyways thats a good one maybe he will bite my line next time :big_smile:

8. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    I release most of my fish. CPR. I will keep a few eaters ( under 10lb ) now and then. That big Girl is still swimming along fat and happy:big_smile:

9. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    i released the 50 and the 30 lb flathead i caught tonight i release all my fish after a quick photo, that way everyone has a chance at a monster badin catfish you know the maneaters the divers suppossedly saw looking for the plane that crashed years ago lol