Badin Lake 4-02 report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CKT, Apr 2, 2007.

1. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Went this after noon just below the dam and anchored in shallow water below the island and caught 3 nice channels and that was it the bit was kinda slow still trying to learn badin lake !

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Badin can be tough sometimes, but there are some big ones in there. You are in the right area though. Go a little further towards the dam and anchor out in the middle right where it starts to transition into shallow water. It will come up from about 20 ft. and you'll start seeing some real uneven bottom terrain in about 17 ft. of water. Try there and then go a little further up and try back out in the middle of the 20 ft. water. That steep ledge on the left hand side just down from the big house on the left can be good too. How was bait this morning. Are there any herring up at the dam yet? Good day to be on the lake anyway!

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    keith if you "learn" badin lake your good....lol. they are there but .....where?:lol: i still like it though. best place around to make your day or break your heart. hang in there. still some good ones in there.

4. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    Took my boy to Badin to troll for stripers. Struck out trolling w/shiners early (1 1/2 hrs. - dad wheres the fish) so we got bait and anchored up behind the dam. I got bait in Garr creek toward the back in 8 feet of water at 11AM. We got 1 7 lb. striper and 3 channel cats. He's 4 yrs. old and reeled in an 8 lb. channel all by himself and he netted the striper. This was the best fishing trip in a long time, the smile on his face was ear to ear. Dragged some leadcore near the golf course when he fell asleep around 2 PM, but those deep stripers over there don't like me lately. I think he's got it as bad as I do now, he wants to go again tomorrow.

5. CKT

CKT New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    the bait we got was also in garr creek and we didnt get there until 1:30 pm and got plenty of bait in about 10 throws max. we didnt go right up to the dam so im not sure about the herring !