Badin - Go figure?!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jfwillia1998, Oct 10, 2006.

1. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I got out there before day break, and got my bait. Marked a fair number of fish, but wasn't getting them. Anywho, I ended up catching three 3-4 lb. channels. Two of them were caught between 1:30 and 2:00 p.m. I lost a big blue at 1:00 p.m. I didn't see it, but would guess that it was in excess of 30 lbs. I'm definitely going to be better about tying new knots and new leaders before each trip. Heartbreaker....

see y'all

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    john you cannot us them cmj knots at badin.....lol. thanks for the report

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Don't get me started Michael...........:lol: I need to get back on the water , I need a new picture for my avatar.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you caught a better looking fish when you was using my rods anyway.....lol.

5. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Man! How long have you two been married? :lol:

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey john i got it figured out for you. three things you have already mention that will make for bad fishing......"tying new knots","heartbreaker", and now "married". are you sure you been fishing?:lol: you better be nice or jeff and i will go back to badin and retrieve your hook from that blue.:big_smile:

7. Shadwrap06

Shadwrap06 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Where is a good place to put in at Badin. I fish High Rock and Tuckertown but badin only a few times. I'm not asking for your secret spots just want someones opinion who knows the lake well. I fish from a 24ft pontoon. Thanks

8. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you and Jeff :eek:oooh: ...I was right. I'd rather get that hook back myself, thanks. Good one, Michael.

Shadwrap, I've just started to learn Badin, but I know that all the veterans put in at Old Whitney. I'll let them weigh in on how hard/easy it would be to put that pontoon in at that ramp.

John

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    shadrap06 i see pontoons putting in at old whitney and i also see them putting in at alcoa. the landing at alcoa is a little steeper so it may make it harder to load compared to old whitney with a pontoon but i think either one will do. the old whitney ramp is located on the upper end of the lake compared to alcoa on the lower end. one little note is alcoas landing is lighted at night and the badin police do ride thru. so i think its safer to leave your truck at night. i had mine broke into at old whitney a few years ago. both landing are off hwy 740. that avatar of yours looks like a santee fish by the background. welcome to the boc.

10. Shadwrap06

Shadwrap06 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the info and the welcome! I have been reading your post about Badin and I'm gettin the fever......And your right, that is a Santee cat- only 14lbs though.