Badin fishing bait tips needed

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rookie12, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I'm looking to go to Badin tomorrow night and was wondering about some tips on bait this time of year. Should they be at the dam yet or back in the creeks such as Garr Creek? Also does anyone have a water temp. from lately? I know bait is tought this time of year and I was jut trying to get some tips so my arm isn't too wore out to reel in fish from throwing the net.. lol thanks. I hate hunting bait this time of year. i know it will probably be easier to get afer dark, but I'd like to be setup by sundown. Thanks for any input.

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Caught bait way in the back of Garr Creek in 1' of water. I throw, plenty of gizzards. couldn't really mark fish anywhere. Caught a few grey cats down in deep water. I was hoping for flatheads, but they weren't there yet. Still alittle bit early. Water temp. is 65 degrees. i went to the dam to hope to get a few channels to at least catch something worth catching. I hooked a big fish up there on alive brim on the bottom. Finalyy got him to the boat and he spit the hook right beside the boat. It was a flathead probably around 25-30 lb. Called it a night at 12. nice night on the water. If you need bait, got to the back of Garr Creek and look for them in the shallows. I saw one shad flip, threw the net and had at least 5 doz. gizzards from 5-12". later!!

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Rookie sounds like that was nice flat. I was at BAdin this morning with Catfishrus. We tried everything and everwhere, not much to speak of. Did lose one big fish drifting in shallow water down by the southern island. Somehow the line got wrapped around the reeel and the line popped real fast. It was a nice fish at least 25-30lbs. Also the flats should start bitting pretty good up around the dam.